ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR - Subject Access Request

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chan2020
Newly Registered

SAR - Subject Access Request

Post by chan2020 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 am

I've got an interview with NCS on Monday 22nd March for naturalization. I applied for a SAR (as per advice given on this board) but I might have left it a bit late, as I still haven't received it, as it can take up to 40 days to arrive - i only applied 28 days ago.
It is for a copy of my landing card from when I first arrived in the UK, as my original passport was stolen. I have a copy of my old passport that was stolen on which you can clearly see the stamp of entry on my passport, but it is not certified.

My question is, should I postpone my NCS appointment and wait until I receive a copy of my landing card, or should I take in the copy of my old passport, and state that I will be forwarding on my SAR once received? I do have a letter from the Data Protection unit stating they had received my request and were working on it.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: SAR - Subject Access Request

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:55 pm

chan2020 wrote:I've got an interview with NCS on Monday 22nd March for naturalization. I applied for a SAR (as per advice given on this board) but I might have left it a bit late, as I still haven't received it, as it can take up to 40 days to arrive - i only applied 28 days ago.
It is for a copy of my landing card from when I first arrived in the UK, as my original passport was stolen. I have a copy of my old passport that was stolen on which you can clearly see the stamp of entry on my passport, but it is not certified.

My question is, should I postpone my NCS appointment and wait until I receive a copy of my landing card, or should I take in the copy of my old passport, and state that I will be forwarding on my SAR once received? I do have a letter from the Data Protection unit stating they had received my request and were working on it.
Take a copy of the passport and any other document that shows you were present in the UK exactly 5years ago or 3 years whichever route you are applying under.
Remember an SAR really only tells you the information that THEY already have about you.

Do not cancel your appointment, if they refuse to accept then you may consider posting it yourself

bani

Post by bani » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:29 am

Agree with above post. I was in your situation (stolen passport) and had the landing card copy from SAR, but NCS personnel said I had so much evidence already.

They do say in the guidance notes for AN1 that letter(s) from employer(s) or school can be used to show presence in the UK for five years.

Other things that would help (if you have them, bring them. if not, don't fret):
bank statement from month you arrived
payslip from month you arrived
any utility bill from month you arrived

Did you try following up the SAR by fax or email?