ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 (General) Dependent - Accommodation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohan_atr
Newly Registered

Tier-1 (General) Dependent - Accommodation

Post by mohan_atr » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Senior Members,

Please advise.

I am planning to apply for the dependent VISA for my wife and kid who are currently in India. I'm currently sharing a 4-bedroom house with the landlord and he pays all the bills. The tenancy agreement I've got from the landlord states that I have the license to exclusively occupy ( not the assured shorthold agreement) two double bedrooms and sharing the rest of the house. The agreement also clearly states that the landlord is a resident landlord.

He has agreed to give a no objection letter for accommodating my wife and kid and also agreed to add my name in the utility (electricity/gas) bill. Will the license to occupy agreement and the utility bill be enough to satisfy the the Entry Clearance Officer or I need to rent a house / flat seperately with assured shorthold agreement ?

Please advise.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-1 (General) Dependent - Accommodation

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:35 am

mohan_atr wrote:
He has agreed to give a no objection letter for accommodating my wife and kid and also agreed to add my name in the utility (electricity/gas) bill.
This should be good enough for you...
The tenancy agreement I've got from the landlord states that I have the license to exclusively occupy ( not the assured shorthold agreement) two double bedrooms
Does it show period of agreement ?

mohan_atr
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-1 (General) Dependent - Accommodation

Post by mohan_atr » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:47 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
mohan_atr wrote:
He has agreed to give a no objection letter for accommodating my wife and kid and also agreed to add my name in the utility (electricity/gas) bill.
This should be good enough for you...
The tenancy agreement I've got from the landlord states that I have the license to exclusively occupy ( not the assured shorthold agreement) two double bedrooms
Does it show period of agreement ?
Thanks a lot tvn_ramesh for the quick turnaround. Yes it shows the period of agreement as 6-months and the rent is weekly with 4 weeks rent as advance.

Will this be ok ?