ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 UK Visa waiting time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anasj
Newly Registered

Tier1 UK Visa waiting time

Post by anasj » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:23 am

I applied T1 general visa on 19th Feb 2010 in New Delhi but haven't got visa yet. The status has changed to in process on 24th.

When I dialed in the VFS helpdesk they said that processing time is normally 15 working days and it may get delayed on application to application basis as every application is unique.

Any idea why my application is getting delayed, are all the applicant facing delays in visa these days? and What are the things in an application which can cause delay.

today is the 19th working day and my application is still under process status.

Thanks,

smarty1277

Re: Tier1 UK Visa waiting time

Post by smarty1277 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:28 am

Dear anasj,

Please have patience you will get your visa very soon. I also applied from VFS New Delhi and got it in 17 working days. Please us know what all documents you have submitted so that the senior members can assess the complexity of the application if there is any. Thanks.
anasj wrote:I applied T1 general visa on 19th Feb 2010 in New Delhi but haven't got visa yet. The status has changed to in process on 24th.

When I dialed in the VFS helpdesk they said that processing time is normally 15 working days and it may get delayed on application to application basis as every application is unique.

Any idea why my application is getting delayed, are all the applicant facing delays in visa these days? and What are the things in an application which can cause delay.

today is the 19th working day and my application is still under process status.

Thanks,
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

anasj
Newly Registered

Post by anasj » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:37 am

I submitted below:

1. Salary slips stamped & signed. Bank account statement signed n stamped from bank.

2. Maintenance money:
a)Bank account statement stamped & signed from bank. Plus two FD photocopies stamped & signed by bank.
b)Letter from bank in original that i have sufficient funds in bank account and another letter that FD can be liquidated at any time.

3. Degree and qualifications in original.

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:45 am

All Bank Statement's stationary had the Bank's Logo or on Bank's letter head or you submitted Original Bank Statements?
anasj wrote:I submitted below:

1. Salary slips stamped & signed. Bank account statement signed n stamped from bank.

2. Maintenance money:
a)Bank account statement stamped & signed from bank. Plus two FD photocopies stamped & signed by bank.
b)Letter from bank in original that i have sufficient funds in bank account and another letter that FD can be liquidated at any time.

3. Degree and qualifications in original.
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

anasj
Newly Registered

Post by anasj » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:50 am

Account statements were submitted in original (a dot matrix printer's print) so they dont have a logo, but every page was signed and stamped by bank.

Letters from Bank on maintenance was on bank's letter head, signed and stamped by bank personnel and submitted in original. (FD + Bank a/c)

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:02 am

See I dont want to scare you and will pray for you also but one of my friend got rejection because of this reason only as he submitted dot matrix printout signed and stamped by Bank. Even when I went to VFS New Delhi I also took the same thing but the case worker asked me not to submit and bring either Original Bank statement that we are getting thru post or submit the Bank Statement on Bank's letter head So I submitted all the Bank related document on Bank's letter head only.
But again all depends on case to case.
anasj wrote:Account statements were submitted in original (a dot matrix printer's print) so they dont have a logo, but every page was signed and stamped by bank.

Letters from Bank on maintenance was on bank's letter head, signed and stamped by bank personnel and submitted in original. (FD + Bank a/c)

Raj5

bank statements

Post by Raj5 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:52 pm

HO accepts online bank statements carrying bank stamp and these need not even be signed. It is very strange if they dont accept dot matrix printout which is signed and stamped as well. Most of the nationalised banks issue only dot matrix printout statements. Someone please clarify this issue.
smarty1277 wrote:See I dont want to scare you and will pray for you also but one of my friend got rejection because of this reason only as he submitted dot matrix printout signed and stamped by Bank. Even when I went to VFS New Delhi I a
lso took the same thing but the case worker asked me not to submit and bring either Original Bank statement that we are getting thru post or submit the Bank Statement on Bank's letter head So I submitted all the Bank related document on Bank's letter head only.
anasj wrote:Account statements were submitted in original (a dot matrix printer's print) so they dont have a logo, but every page was signed and stamped by bank.

smarty1277

Re: bank statements

Post by smarty1277 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:56 pm

It was accepted as you can see in the case of anasj. But in my case they said that I need to get the statement having Bank's Logo or Original Bank Statement that we are getting thru mail or Bank Statement on letter head. And one of my friend faced rejection because of this dot matrix printer bank statement only. Don't know why they are doing this and it is strange also. But I shared my personal experience only of VFS New Delhi.
Raj5 wrote:HO accepts online bank statements carrying bank stamp and these need not even be signed. It is very strange if they dont accept dot matrix printout which is signed and stamped as well. Most of the nationalised banks issue only dot matrix printout statements. Someone please clarify this issue.
smarty1277 wrote:See I dont want to scare you and will pray for you also but one of my friend got rejection because of this reason only as he submitted dot matrix printout signed and stamped by Bank. Even when I went to VFS New Delhi I a
lso took the same thing but the case worker asked me not to submit and bring either Original Bank statement that we are getting thru post or submit the Bank Statement on Bank's letter head So I submitted all the Bank related document on Bank's letter head only.

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:23 pm

VFS is not authority to decide if the documents being submitted have suffecient evidentiary value or not. So in your case if they advised you not to submit dot matrix printout bank statements then it does not carry much of weightage. But it was the Home Office which rejected the application of your friend on the ground that bank statements were dot matrix printouts so it is a serious issue as most of indian nationalised banks only issue dot matrix bank statements. In my opinion entry clearance officer committed error in rejecting your friend's application because dot matrix statements issued by banks are equivalent to online bank statement and getting then stamped on each page should serve the purpose.Hope someone will throw light on this point and clarify it.

smarty1277 wrote:It was accepted as you can see in the case of anasj. But in my case they said that I need to get the statement having Bank's Logo or Original Bank Statement that we are getting thru mail or Bank Statement on letter head. And one of my friend faced rejection because of this dot matrix printer bank statement only. Don't know why they are doing this and it is strange also. But I shared my personal experience only of VFS New Delhi.
Raj5 wrote:HO accepts online bank statements carrying bank stamp and these need not even be signed. It is very strange if they dont accept dot matrix printout which is signed and stamped as well. Most of the nationalised banks issue only dot matrix printout statements. Someone please clarify this issue.

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Ya true. Some VFS agents are acting like case workers. But as I came to know after wards that my friends visa is also rejected because of that only so I thought might be she is telling right at that time.
Raj5 wrote:VFS is not authority to decide if the documents being submitted have suffecient evidentiary value or not. So in your case if they advised you not to submit dot matrix printout bank statements then it does not carry much of weightage. But it was the Home Office which rejected the application of your friend on the ground that bank statements were dot matrix printouts so it is a serious issue as most of indian nationalised banks only issue dot matrix bank statements. In my opinion entry clearance officer committed error in rejecting your friend's application because dot matrix statements issued by banks are equivalent to online bank statement and getting then stamped on each page should serve the purpose.Hope someone will throw light on this point and clarify it.

smarty1277 wrote:It was accepted as you can see in the case of anasj. But in my case they said that I need to get the statement having Bank's Logo or Original Bank Statement that we are getting thru mail or Bank Statement on letter head. And one of my friend faced rejection because of this dot matrix printer bank statement only. Don't know why they are doing this and it is strange also. But I shared my personal experience only of VFS New Delhi.

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:41 am

Please confirm from your friend whose visa got rejected for submitting dot matrix bank statements which were stamped and signed what were exact grounds (in verbatim) of rejection.

smarty1277 wrote:Ya true. Some VFS agents are acting like case workers. But as I came to know after wards that my friends visa is also rejected because of that only so I thought might be she is telling right at that time.
Raj5 wrote:VFS is not authority to decide if the documents being submitted have suffecient evidentiary value or not. So in your case if they advised you not to submit dot matrix printout bank statements then it does not carry much of weightage. But it was the Home Office which rejected the application of your friend on the ground that bank statements were dot matrix printouts so it is a serious issue as most of indian nationalised banks only issue dot matrix bank statements. In my opinion entry clearance officer committed error in rejecting your friend's application because dot matrix statements issued by banks are equivalent to online bank statement and getting then stamped on each page should serve the purpose.Hope someone will throw light on this point and clarify it.

anasj
Newly Registered

Post by anasj » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:12 am

Today is 20th working day (I submitted on 19th Feb) but still my application is in progress status. I am so worried.

One of my friend told me yesterday that if they have to reject they would have done within 5-10days itself.

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:54 am

Yes that's true.
Rejections mostly processed in 5 to 10 working days only...
so don't worry...
You will get your visa soon...
Best of Luck...
anasj wrote:Today is 20th working day (I submitted on 19th Feb) but still my application is in progress status. I am so worried.

One of my friend told me yesterday that if they have to reject they would have done within 5-10days itself.

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Smarty, did you get to talk to your friend as to exact grounds of rejection?

Tier1General guidelines says : Alternatively electronic bank statement bearing the stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted.The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

So please confirm from your friend if all pages of the bank statements were stamped and signed. If that was so then it means that the Home Office does not consider dot matrix bank statements as electronic bank statement.
smarty1277 wrote:Yes that's true.
so don't worry...
Best of Luck...
anasj wrote:Today is 20th working day (I submitted on 19th Feb) but still my application is in progress status. I am so worried.

anasj
Newly Registered

Post by anasj » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:06 am

Today is 21st working day... and my application is still in process.

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:59 am

Any change in status today?

anasj wrote:Today is 21st working day... and my application is still in process.

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi Raj,

I didnt got chance to talk to him. But in my case also the caseworker said better to take Original Bank Statement or statements on letter head.
Raj5 wrote:Smarty, did you get to talk to your friend as to exact grounds of rejection?

Tier1General guidelines says : Alternatively electronic bank statement bearing the stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted.The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

So please confirm from your friend if all pages of the bank statements were stamped and signed. If that was so then it means that the Home Office does not consider dot matrix bank statements as electronic bank statement.
so don't worry...
Best of Luck...

Raj5

Post by Raj5 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:54 pm

In my case bank stamp contained the logo of the bank and id of the manager. So in a way condetion is satisfied. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

smarty1277 wrote:Hi Raj,

I didnt got chance to talk to him. But in my case also the caseworker said better to take Original Bank Statement or statements on letter head.
Raj5 wrote:Smarty, did you get to talk to your friend as to exact grounds of rejection?

so don't worry...
Best of Luck...

anasj
Newly Registered

Post by anasj » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:45 am

Still in process :(.

Raj can you add me on yahoo messenger at sensational_anas ?

mtripathi68
Newly Registered

Post by mtripathi68 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

logo is not important..stamp and signature works(As per the UK HO's website :) ) if these are present on each and every page....A letter from bank supporting ur case is better...Delhi's VFS is stringent, I dunno for what, a vfs centre does not hold right to refuse to take ur application even if your documents are incomplete...(talked to the vfs Delhi's main head on this)

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:32 pm

mtripathi68 wrote:logo is not important..stamp and signature works(As per the UK HO's website :) ) if these are present on each and every page....A letter from bank supporting ur case is better...Delhi's VFS is stringent, I dunno for what, a vfs centre does not hold right to refuse to take ur application even if your documents are incomplete...(talked to the vfs Delhi's main head on this)
But I think its better to get it refused at that stage only rather than going for BHC and get rejected from there and loose money...

mtripathi68
Newly Registered

Post by mtripathi68 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:26 pm

smarty1277 wrote:
mtripathi68 wrote:logo is not important..stamp and signature works(As per the UK HO's website :) ) if these are present on each and every page....A letter from bank supporting ur case is better...Delhi's VFS is stringent, I dunno for what, a vfs centre does not hold right to refuse to take ur application even if your documents are incomplete...(talked to the vfs Delhi's main head on this)
But I think its better to get it refused at that stage only rather than going for BHC and get rejected from there and loose money...

maybe, but it is not about better or worse, it is just a point:)..

just read ur post on the forum, you worked at CSC?

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:32 pm

mtripathi68 wrote:
smarty1277 wrote:

When it is a question of half lac then one should be concerned about better and worse...
anyways I worked for CSC way back now working for Oracle..
What about you?

mtripathi68
Newly Registered

Post by mtripathi68 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:58 pm

smarty1277 wrote:
mtripathi68 wrote:
smarty1277 wrote:

When it is a question of half lac then one should be concerned about better and worse...
What about you?
I said I just gave a point..not whether it is better or worse..:) and didn't point at you..:)
peace!!

I worked at CSC Noida 2yrs bk..

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:04 pm

mtripathi68 wrote:
smarty1277 wrote:
mtripathi68 wrote:
smarty1277 wrote:

What about you?
I said I just gave a point..not whether it is better or worse..:) and didn't point at you..:)
peace!!

I worked at CSC Noida 2yrs bk..
u r in India or in UK?
Last edited by smarty1277 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.