ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused today!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shaina30
Newly Registered

Refused today!!!

Post by Shaina30 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:04 am

Hi,

I have just been informed that my husbands visa has been refused on 320(11).

He said that his passport had been stamped with a refusal stamp, is this the norm as he is making an issue saying that this has ONLY happened to him and not others.

Can you also advise on how we should appeal? Should he appeal from there? I'm really upset over the decision and so is he and j could do with some guidance.
I am going to contact IAS hopefully they can assist with this appeal.

Many thanks
Shaina

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Any advice here, I'd like to know !

Can you let us know how are you getting on with the appeal ????
what exactly says in the letter of refusal ????
wish you the best of luck.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:14 am

Hi,

I have just been informed that my husbands visa has been refused on 320(11).

He said that his passport had been stamped with a refusal stamp, is this the norm as he is making an issue saying that this has ONLY happened to him and not others.

Can you also advise on how we should appeal? Should he appeal from there? I'm really upset over the decision and so is he and j could do with some guidance.
I am going to contact IAS hopefully they can assist with this appeal.

Many thanks
Shaina
If you care to let us know what your hubbys has been refused under S:320, then people can give you advice.

Normally section 320 is as a result of trying to decieve the ECO with false papers, not declaring offence's etc.

Something which can carry a 10 yrs ban on your hubby entering the UK.

With such things, Appeal is your only one and only option, pointless reapplying in future as it will be automatic refusal.

Write down the exact reason of refusal if you want help

MWill

Post by MWill » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 am

320(11) is usually used when there is some past attempt to "frustrate the immigration rules", but only when coupled with "aggravating circumstances". For instance, overstaying and using NHS care you're not entitled to.

320(11) doesn't carry a ban in and of itself, and bans don't apply to settlement visas. But theoretically all subsequent applications could also be refused on 320(11), unless you put a strong case forward as to why it shouldn't apply.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:44 pm

MWill wrote:320(11) is usually used when there is some past attempt to "frustrate the immigration rules", but only when coupled with "aggravating circumstances". For instance, overstaying and using NHS care you're not entitled to.

320(11) doesn't carry a ban in and of itself, and bans don't apply to settlement visas. But theoretically all subsequent applications could also be refused on 320(11), unless you put a strong case forward as to why it shouldn't apply.
Yes you are right Mwill.

It must be my eye sight .
:lol:

I thought it was S:321
False representations were made or false documents were submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the holder's knowledge), or material facts were not disclosed, in relation to the application for leave;

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:10 pm

batleykhan wrote:It must be my eye sight .

Join the queue! :lol: