ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Police Caution - is that a problem?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

need_a_tier1

UK Police Caution - is that a problem?

Post by need_a_tier1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:22 pm

I was given a police caution (and my fingerprints, dna taken), after I was arrested for a minor domestic incident involving a family member.
I am a law abiding citizen and have never been any kind of trouble anywhere.

I now plan to apply for the "Skilled Workers Category", but I have been told if I have a police caution - my application may be rejected by immigration canada.

Is this true?

I was never charged but the caution was handed over to me.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: UK Police Caution - is that a problem?

Post by raymasa2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:29 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:I was given a police caution (and my fingerprints, dna taken), after I was arrested for a minor domestic incident involving a family member.

I now plan to apply for the "Skilled Workers Category", but I have been told if I have a police caution - my application may be rejected by immigration canada.

Is this true?

You would need to submit a police certificate for immigration to Canada. If the incident does not appears on the police certificate, then there is no issue. If the incident does appear on the police certificate, you would need to have been rehabilitated and have rehabilitation certificate.

Ray

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:17 pm

raymasa2 wrote:You would need to submit a police certificate for immigration to Canada. If the incident does not appears on the police certificate, then there is no issue. If the incident does appear on the police certificate, you would need to have been rehabilitated and have rehabilitation certificate.
Ray
Hi there, thanks for your response. Sorry I didn't see this reply earlier.

Can I apply for the police certificate now - before I decide I will file my Canadian immigration application or not. On the flip side, will requesting a police certificate cause any unnecessary complications? I am a bit paranoid after that incident.

Also, How to I get rehabilitated and get most important rehabilitation certificate?

Thanks in advance!!

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:25 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:I was given a police caution (and my fingerprints, dna taken), after I was arrested for a minor domestic incident involving a family member.

Is this true?

Depends on whats in your police report, which CIC will ask for when you apply. If you are deemed rehibiliated by the Canadian standard (not the UK standard), then you will be ok, otherwise it could be an issue. You may want to read:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647159

Ray