ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settled and resident of UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mahdi

settled and resident of UK

Post by mahdi » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi guys,

I want to ask if an immigrant has indefinite leave to remain which I think you can apply after 5 years of Tier 1 will you be classified as Home student for the university fess?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: settled and resident of UK

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:27 pm

mahdi wrote:Hi guys,

I want to ask if an immigrant has indefinite leave to remain which I think you can apply after 5 years of Tier 1 will you be classified as Home student for the university fess?
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... i.php#box3

mahdi

Post by mahdi » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:35 pm

hi,
I am a little bit confused with the meaning of this

Ordinarily resident

The relevant residence area is specified in each individual category, and is one of the following:

* the UK and Islands
* the EEA and Switzerland
* the EEA, Switzerland and the overseas territories
* the EEA, Switzerland, Turkey and the overseas territories

You are 'ordinarily resident' in the relevant area if you have habitually, normally and lawfully resided in that area from choice. Temporary absences from the residence area should be ignored.

If you can demonstrate that you have not been ordinarily resident in the relevant residence area only because you were, or your ‘relevant family member’ was, temporarily working outside the relevant residence area, you will be treated as though you have been ordinarily resident for the period during which this was the case.

Does that mean you have to be one of the previous bands in order to be ordinary resident?

My question is if ILR=settled and ordinary resident?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 pm

My question is if ILR=settled and ordinary resident?
According to what I understand, yes. Others pls comment.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:47 am

I studied in Uni of westminster and from what I learned there that if you spent 3 years or more or any visa other than student visa, you pay home fee

plus i'm suer ilr gets you the home fee as well
Goodluck.

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:06 pm

There has always been some confussion, I agree with previous message that some say that if you have been in country for past three years (except for student) you are considered as local student. However I have never found any noted from UKAS.

The only information I have found so far requires one to be a Citizen.