ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british hubby and pregnant pakistani wife claim benefits?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

afshaan
Newly Registered

british hubby and pregnant pakistani wife claim benefits?

Post by afshaan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am

hi all,

i am pakistani, on spouse visa, pregnant and due to deliver early may 2010..I have been living with my British husband in UK since Aug 2008 and will be applying for ILR by July 2010.

1-wat benefits can my husband claim for our baby,who will be born in the UK , without jeopardising my ILR?

2- Is it true that I am not elegible for the £190 pregnancy grant that all 'mothers to be' get?

3- once I've had my baby, and ILR, wat bebnfits can I get..?

As of now , my husband has not claimed any benefits, not tax credit nor housing benefits of any sort.

Please advice wats the best and fastest way to expedite my ILR and if we can claim any benefits as well.

thanx

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:37 pm

afshaan, please read the first pinned topic in this Claiming Benefits section of this Board.

All I shall add is ..... no problem you claiming the Health in Pregnancy Grant.
John

afshaan
Newly Registered

Post by afshaan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:25 am

thanx John,

u r correct , infact , i called the helpline and confirmed with them as well.... my only concern was the same as everyone else's about them questioning us on the ILR form....

thanx for ur honest advice

afshaan
Newly Registered

Post by afshaan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 pm

hi John,

my husband just called the HiPG helpline to confirm whether i was eligible for this grant and was told that as long as it says 'NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS' on my visa, which means i am' 'subject to immigration control ''and that this HiPG does come under PUBLIC FUNDS , therefore i am Not eligible for it.....

we r confused as to who to call becos everytime we call we end up getting a different answer from Hipg HELPLINE...

also, on the HiPG form ,it asks me for my NI number.. so if i did receive the grant and went on to say NO on my ILR application would it not be lying..?and so would i not end up jeopardising my ILR for a mere 190£..?

how do we clarify this.?

thanx