ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice - RE PSW1

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Squid
Newly Registered

Advice - RE PSW1

Post by Squid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:13 am

Hi all,

I am not sure what to do, I am on a student visa it finishes on 30th May. My studies (masters) finish on 25th May.

I have been told I will have to go back to India and then re-apply for the PSW once I have my results and I cannot apply before then??? Is this true?

How can I get around this as I do not want to go back and re-apply.

Please help urgently.

Thanks

joxiri

Post by joxiri » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:20 am

Wont you be able to get your result before then, if you can get your results you can apply even on the last day of your visa expiring provided you have also had the 800 pounds in you account by that day

Squid
Newly Registered

Post by Squid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:25 am

Hi, no my results wont be available until July :-(

I thought i would still be able to apply if I got the appropriate letter from the university but when I rang them they said no..you have to have the results or confirmation from the college you have passed or they would refuse the application.

:-(

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:38 am

will your exams/assignments etc be assessed before 30th? I mean, if they can tell you that you have passed all exams then you can get back to them and tell them to print a letter mentioning that you have completed degree etcetc and will be awarded degee in july.

do you satisfy maintenance reuirements? 800 pounds for 3 months?

if not, you have to leave before 30 th .

hope it helps

regards

Squid
Newly Registered

Post by Squid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:51 am

I am not sure as my dissertation is given in by 25th May and my visa expires 30th May and results wont be made available until July sometime. The only issue is with this?

Maintenance is okay i can meet that criteria.

joxiri

Post by joxiri » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:03 pm

@ squid
if your results would be available within 28 days of your visa expiring then i would have said you could wait and apply then but after 28 days of being an overstayers your case will be down to discretion of caseworker
but how come you have not been given sufficient time after your course concludes, its quite unusual

Squid
Newly Registered

Post by Squid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Im not sure why i thought they would have given me a chance to remain here until the results are available but thats the problem the results wont be available until July and my visa expires in May.

The duration between may and july will be problematic as i wont be able to remain here as my visa runs out and i dont know what to do :-(

joxiri

Post by joxiri » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:26 pm

when is your graduation ceremony anyways
because am sure your university can get your visa extended till your graduation date so that way you are legal here during that period

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:46 pm

your original visa should cover the duration of studies PLUS 4 months. if that wasnt the case, contact your uni and they will guide you on how to go bout changing your visa expiry date so that it includes 4 months after your course has finished.

UKBA is supposed to give you visa for course duration PLUS 4 months and if they havent done it, you are entitled to 4 months beyond your current visa.

This probably just involves contacting UKBA and sending your passport to them. You will receive your passport within 7-10 days with visa dates changed.

regards

talharahim
Newly Registered

Post by talharahim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:47 pm

you can extend you visa based on the university letter and then apply after your results! ask for the letter but you have to pay for visa extention