ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference b/w WP Extension AND New WP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manenoor
BANNED

Difference b/w WP Extension AND New WP

Post by manenoor » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi

I came here in UK on one year work permit (old WP) in Nov 2006. It was a one year contract.

In 2007, my employer offered me a permanent job, with promotion. They advertised this post in the UK market and then they got WP extension and I applied for FLR IED and got Further Leave to Remain for next five year.

Now Im worried because Im thinking my employer should apply for a new WP. Why they went for extension.

Any one on this forum can help me to understand this point.
Mane

Please advice ?

manenoor
BANNED

Re: Difference b/w WP Extension AND New WP

Post by manenoor » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:55 am

[quote="manenoor"]Hi

I came here in UK on one year work permit (old WP) in Nov 2006. It was a one year contract.

In 2007, my employer offered me a permanent job, with promotion. They advertised this post in the UK market and then they got WP extension and I applied for FLR IED and got Further Leave to Remain for next five year.

Now Im worried because Im thinking my employer should apply for a new WP. Why they went for extension.

Any one on this forum can help me to understand this point.
Mane

Please advice ?[/quote]

Guys please help me to answer my question if you can. ????

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:29 am

well.... whats the issue here??? u have a valid visa nevertheless... why r u worrying

manenoor
BANNED

Post by manenoor » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:59 pm

[quote="arsenal49"]well.... whats the issue here??? u have a valid visa nevertheless... why r u worrying[/quote]

Sorry, Let me explain again, I join company A on one year WP in Nov 2006. In 10th month of my initial WP (Sept 2007), my company promoted me within same dept with salary raise. More or less my duties were same, however my title was changed.

They advertised this new post, however, they did not informed this change to HO. They simply went for 5 yr WP extension and I got FLR (IED).

Now my concern is why my company applied for WP extension, they should actually request for fresh WP. I only realized this last week.

In my understanding (after reading various posts in this forum), any change in job should be notified to HO.

Now it has been more than 2 years, I have not yet raised this to my HR. Im so confused. Will HO accept if we notify this change after 2 years ?

I hope you can advice how we should proceed ?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:05 pm

any change must be notified to HO is a requirement of tier 2 visa according to best of my knowledge(and im not an authority on subject i admit).

if you were given work permit or flr.. see what the guidance has to say about chnging of job ttle etc..

dont think you are suppose to tell them if you are not on tier 2... but its my humle opinion

regards

manenoor
BANNED

Post by manenoor » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply....

Im on old WP issued in 2006 and then extension in 2007.

WP is old scheme whereas Tier 2 PBS is new one. There are definitely guide lines available on UKBS on tier 2 under 'Technical Changes of Employment'.

Im confused as I think this could effect my ILR due next year (if rules are not changed).

Im thinking to speak with my HR and ask them to sort out this with HO. It has been more than 2 years now.

Other option could be to ask my HR to cancel my promotion so I should be on same terms and conditions as stated on my initial WP. However, my pay in this case will be different as with promotion, I got 10% pay rise.

Im so confused and worried.