ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - query on filling Tier 1 application form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Dear Friends,

I am applying for Workpermit to Tier 1 General next week,I have a valid work permit visa till 2012.Please help me answering the follwing question.

1) D29. Has the date of the dependant’s leave, as stated in his/her passport, now passed?

Should I say Yes or No ?

2) There are not applicable sections in the application ,should I send those pages also with the application ?like (Section 3B,Section 3C etc) please advice.

3) I am applying for my wife for dependant visa together with my application , hope I am using the correct form from the following link , please confirm.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dependants

kind regards

Raj

[iD]

Re: Urgent - query on filling Tier 1 application form

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Dear Friends,

I am applying for Workpermit to Tier 1 General next week,I have a valid work permit visa till 2012.Please help me answering the follwing question.

1) D29. Has the date of the dependant’s leave, as stated in his/her passport, now passed?

Should I say Yes or No ? NO

2) There are not applicable sections in the application ,should I send those pages also with the application ?like (Section 3B,Section 3C etc) please advice.
It's up to you if you want to, but in my opinion if wouldn't hurt sending those pages

3) I am applying for my wife for dependant visa together with my application , hope I am using the correct form from the following link , please confirm.

this form is for the dependants of tier 2 And tier 4 migrants. if you are applying as a tier 2 migrant then yes
kind regards

Raj
Goodluck.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:54 pm

[iD] wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:Dear Friends,

Should I say Yes or No ? NO

It's up to you if you want to, but in my opinion if wouldn't hurt sending those pages

this form is for the dependants of tier 2 And tier 4 migrants. if you are applying as a tier 2 migrant then yes
kind regards

Raj
Hi ,

For Point 3 , Are you sure its not for Tier 1 dependant ? , then could you please tell me which is the correct application form for applying Tier 1 Dependant ?

please clarify,

regards

Raj

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:59 pm

d29 is pretty straightforward. check her visa dates and answer accordingly.

if you have never made a dependent visa app before, then D29 doesnt concern you and you should not even be looking at that question. this must be mentioned in d28 or d27.

my advice is... include ALL pages in your app even if it doesnt concern you.

Cross out the irrelevant questions with diagonal line across so caseworker dont waste his/her time. thats what i did and got my student visa.

regards

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Goodluck.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:10 pm

that's correct
questions he posted are from dependant form i guess?
and he was asking about main applicant?
mixing up 2 forms?
Goodluck.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:13 pm

arsenal49 wrote:d29 is pretty straightforward. check her visa dates and answer accordingly.

if you have never made a dependent visa app before, then D29 doesnt concern you and you should not even be looking at that question. this must be mentioned in d28 or d27.

my advice is... include ALL pages in your app even if it doesnt concern you.

Cross out the irrelevant questions with diagonal line across so caseworker dont waste his/her time. thats what i did and got my student visa.

regards
Hi arsenal49,

Sorry my mistake, got little confused with the question and missed to read properly.Actually my wife is also in UK with valid dependant visa till 2012.So I will put NO for this question.

I will include all the pages as you all advised.

Regarding dependants visa (I am applying for Tier 1 Switching visa from Work permit), I should Use the same form main applicant and dependant visa , hope I understood correctly ?

kind regards

Raj

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:14 pm

i think this is the right app form for dependent visa and disagree with the poster above.

go to the same link, browse to page 43 and convince yourself further by looking at the bottom paragraph entitled "dependents should use this para if....."

regards

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:17 pm

well... the link you provided can ONLY be used for dependent visa app.

go here for main applicant's app form

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

Hope this removes confusion

regards

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:22 pm

arsenal49 wrote:i think this is the right app form for dependent visa and disagree with the poster above.

go to the same link, browse to page 43 and convince yourself further by looking at the bottom paragraph entitled "dependents should use this para if....."

regards
Hi arsenal49,

Thanks a lot for easing my last minute tention, I saw ur point and also in Tier1general application form Page 29 its given like this. "Please ensure a separate application form is completed for each dependant. Please see the
UK Border Agency website for further details www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk"

So I understand that we need to use a different form ,and the link which I gave here is the correct one. Anyone disagree please convey the same please.

thanks arsenal49 once again.

kind regards

Raj

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:33 pm

the link you posted is for dependent's visa app.

the link i posted is for main applicant's visa.

fill out main applicant's form . Then fill out dependent's visa app form. everything will ake sense that way :)

you need to fill two DIFFERENT app form because there are two people applying, one of whom is dependent.

hope this helps.

regards

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:37 pm

arsenal49 wrote:the link you posted is for dependent's visa app.

the link i posted is for main applicant's visa.

fill out main applicant's form . Then fill out dependent's visa app form. everything will ake sense that way :)

you need to fill two DIFFERENT app form because there are two people applying, one of whom is dependent.

hope this helps.

regards
Hi arsenal49,

Yes From the time I applied this post I was sure about that and just wanted to confirm whether I am using the correct form.But things got confused.

Thanks a lot for your confirmation.

kind regards

Raj

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi arsenal49 and experts,

In Main applicant applciation form - "X1. Is the applicant receiving any public funds?"
I have put No , but since my wife is pregnant and Midwife told told we can get "Health in Pregnancy Grant" of 190 pounds and still we have not received the money , may be next week or so is the time they deposit to our joint account..So we have applied that and I can see "Health in Pregnancy Grant" , should I say Yes to question X1 ? wil this be a problem ? please advice.

Dependant application form "F13. Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was/were made abroad." what should be given here ? please advice, my wife was taken with fingure prints when we applied for Work permit dependant visa.

kind regards

Raj

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 am

Rajuk09 wrote:Hi arsenal49 and experts,

In Main applicant applciation form - "X1. Is the applicant receiving any public funds?"
I have put No , but since my wife is pregnant and Midwife told told we can get "Health in Pregnancy Grant" of 190 pounds and still we have not received the money , may be next week or so is the time they deposit to our joint account..So we have applied that and I can see "Health in Pregnancy Grant" , should I say Yes to question X1 ? wil this be a problem ? please advice.

Dependant application form "F13. Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was/were made abroad." what should be given here ? please advice, my wife was taken with fingure prints when we applied for Work permit dependant visa.

kind regards

Raj
Gurus , please help me , I want apply in 2 more days , kindly advice.

regards

Raj

vks

Post by vks » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:

Public Funds
Health and Pregnancy Grant is a public fund!
Call them and cancel the arrangement.
Say No, if that can be done before submitting.
If it is credited, say yes and mention that you are in the process of returning it back

In which category of the visa the main applicant is?
The section for IFCN is not required for Tier 1 General

kind regards

Raj

regards

Raj
Regards,
vks

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:09 pm

vks wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:

Public Funds
If it is credited, say yes and mention that you are in the process of returning it back

kind regards

Raj

regards

Raj
Hi vks,

Thanks a lot for the reply,

Health and Pregnancy Grant - Situation is We have applied for this, but still amount not credited, today morning i called them and they told we are non entitled and they would send us an questionairre and once we send back with replies,they will decide not to send money as we are not entitled.I asked for some reference for the call, she told her name.So I have given in the dependant application form ,as "YES" and in covering letter mentioned about the same.Hope this is OK ?
"As per Mid wife’s suggestion My wife applied for Health in Pregnancy grant during mid of Feb 2010, and once we came to know that, this grant too comes under public funds, we spoke to Health in Pregnancy office for cancelling our application and they told us that, they will send a questionnaire and once we send it back with answers, they will cancel our application as we are not entitled and we won’t be paid for the same. Due to this in dependant application for Question L1, we have selected “Yesâ€

vks

Post by vks » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:
vks wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:

Public Funds

kind regards

Raj

regards

Raj
Hi vks,

Health and Pregnancy Grant - Situation is We have applied for this, but still amount not credited, today morning i called them and they told we are non entitled and they would send us an questionairre and once we send back with replies,they will decide not to send money as we are not entitled.I asked for some reference for the call, she told her name.So I have given in the dependant application form ,as "YES" and in covering letter mentioned about the same.Hope this is OK ?
"As per Mid wife’s suggestion My wife applied for Health in Pregnancy grant during mid of Feb 2010, and once we came to know that, this grant too comes under public funds, we spoke to Health in Pregnancy office for cancelling our application and they told us that, they will send a questionnaire and once we send it back with answers, they will cancel our application as we are not entitled and we won’t be paid for the same. Due to this in dependant application for Question L1, we have selected “Yesâ€
Regards,
vks

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:38 pm

vks wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:
vks wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:

regards

Raj
Hi vks,

vks

Post by vks » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:
vks wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:

Public Funds

kind regards

Raj

regards

Raj
Hi vks,

Regards,
vks

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:12 pm

vks wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:
vks wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:

regards

Raj
Hi vks,

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:34 am

just to add regarding public funds situation...

in my opinion, you should answer no because technically you havent received any public fund. but, your name could turn up on caseworker's computer if he double check whether you have ever applied to claim a benefit or not.

so ideally, what you should do is answer no to the question, but stick a sticky note next to the question and refer caseworker to your covering letter. There, explain your situation in full detail based on the advice here.

below is what i think...

what you want caseworker to know is....

1) You applied for that particular public fund because of "wrong" advice of midwife given to you and your wife, even though she knew your wife was not british citizen.... (in short blame it on her, keep it anonymous though)

2) The application for public fund is still under process and you have NOT received any funds.(here, stating the facts)

3) You investigated further and found that it was indeed a public fund so you called relevant authorities and they are now taking steps to ensure we dont get paid.(now, stating what you have done to correct this mis understanding)

4) In brief, yes we have applied for public funds BUT have not actually received it and already notified the relevant people so that they can stop this grant to us.

5)You have NEVER received any public funds during your stay in UK and the application was made due to poor understanding of the midwife even though she knew we were not british citizens

Try to structure along those lines and keep it in bullet points rather than summarising it in one big para...

regards

PS. Sorry, couldnt reply in time to your earlier post.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:59 am

arsenal49 wrote:just to add regarding public funds situation...

in my opinion, you should answer no because technically you havent received any public fund. but, your name could turn up on caseworker's computer if he double check whether you have ever applied to claim a benefit or not.

so ideally, what you should do is answer no to the question, but stick a sticky note next to the question and refer caseworker to your covering letter. There, explain your situation in full detail based on the advice here.

below is what i think...

what you want caseworker to know is....

1) You applied for that particular public fund because of "wrong" advice of midwife given to you and your wife, even though she knew your wife was not british citizen.... (in short blame it on her, keep it anonymous though)

2) The application for public fund is still under process and you have NOT received any funds.(here, stating the facts)

3) You investigated further and found that it was indeed a public fund so you called relevant authorities and they are now taking steps to ensure we dont get paid.(now, stating what you have done to correct this mis understanding)

4) In brief, yes we have applied for public funds BUT have not actually received it and already notified the relevant people so that they can stop this grant to us.

5)You have NEVER received any public funds during your stay in UK and the application was made due to poor understanding of the midwife even though she knew we were not british citizens

Try to structure along those lines and keep it in bullet points rather than summarising it in one big para...

regards

PS. Sorry, couldnt reply in time to your earlier post.
Hi arsenal49,

Thanks a lot for taking time to give me ur suggetion, I have done more or less like u have mentioned above.

I have Put "No" for the question and in my covering letter , I have explained as below.

As per Mid wife’s suggestion My wife applied for Health in Pregnancy grant during mid of Feb 2010, and once we came to know that, this grant too comes under public funds, we spoke to Health in Pregnancy office for cancelling our application and they told to write a letter to them and they will cancel our application as we are not entitled and we won’t be paid for the same. I have attached the copy of the letter which we sent to the Health in pregnancy office signed by my wife. So please note that we won’t be receiving any public funds.

I have not put any sticky in the application form though.Hope this will do the needful ? . please give your ideas. I am going to apply today.

Kind regards

Raj

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:27 pm

i have used sticky notes a lot in my previous application. as it just give them informal way to know what documents they are looking at and for what purposes...

i suppose you can do without sticky notes but... i will still recommend that.

all the best

regards

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:57 pm

arsenal49 wrote:i have used sticky notes a lot in my previous application. as it just give them informal way to know what documents they are looking at and for what purposes...

i suppose you can do without sticky notes but... i will still recommend that.

all the best

regards
Hi arsenal,

I have posted my application just now and Yes have put a sticky too according to your suggestion.And hope the statement I gave in my covering letter is sufficient to justify( given in my previous post in blue). Now fingures crossed , ... months of hard work really fo this day ... i will get my life back once I get the visa approved...heartful thanks a lot arsenal and all experts for your help , will keep ever one updated what ever may be the outcome..

kind regards

Raj

varun0806
Newly Registered

Post by varun0806 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:14 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 visa and my wife on Tier 2 dependant. I am applying for Tier 1 and Tier 1 Dependant at the same time.

I am also having the doubt for ICFN section (F) in dependant's visa form.

Do we need to fill in that part as I did not get any ICFN card.

Cheers
Varun