ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Urgently to india but passport with homeoffice

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ghans
Newly Registered

Travel Urgently to india but passport with homeoffice

Post by ghans » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:00 am

hi,
please suggest
i need to travel urgently to india but my passport is with home office because i applied for psw and got rejected and now i won the case (my appeal is allowed) and sent passport to home office but when i call home office they say to contact AIU (appeal implementation unit) because they will issue visa and it can take upto 2 months...thr is no number of AIU to contact, only way to contact is by post and i have done but no response.

I have read something about travel document on indian embassy website, will it be possible for them to issue travel document in these circumstances?
please suggest
thanks

dilbar505
Newly Registered

Post by dilbar505 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:52 am

yes contact indian embasy and explain your situation to them and they will help you as long i know indian embasyy will issue you travel document theough which you can travel i mean enter in to india but i think you cannot travel back again to uk with that indian travel document you need to have your passport and uk valid visa on it you can do one thing you can take that travel document and travel to india and change you passport delivery address to your indian address they will send your passport and visa once stamped to indian address hope this works my friend.

ghans
Newly Registered

Post by ghans » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:23 pm

thanks a lot dilbar, i have spoken to my solicitor about this and she said to leave her address with home office because she dealth with all my case and will post my passport to me in india once she recieved so i can travel back and it seems fine to me and i dont problem waiting couple of weeks in india....and i hope it works, i am just worried that indian embassy might turn back and say that we need valid upto date visa to issue you travel doc, its just a matter that i have to explain them situation properly....anyways i hope for good..cheers and thanks a lot

ghans
Newly Registered

Post by ghans » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:27 pm

one more question my friend, do you know how long it takes for them issue that document, will it be possible to get it straight away?

dilbar505
Newly Registered

Post by dilbar505 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:48 am

not sure with the time line my friend and best of luck for your endeavours .

FLASHMAN

Post by FLASHMAN » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:08 pm

ghans wrote:thanks a lot dilbar, i have spoken to my solicitor about this and she said to leave her address with home office because she dealth with all my case and will post my passport to me in india once she recieved so i can travel back and it seems fine to me and i dont problem waiting couple of weeks in india....and i hope it works, i am just worried that indian embassy might turn back and say that we need valid upto date visa to issue you travel doc, its just a matter that i have to explain them situation properly....anyways i hope for good..cheers and thanks a lot
Are you sure your solicitor told you like that because it's a criminal offense to send travel documents through the post or with someone else. ask your solicitor to contact them and explain the situation.