ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old Rules/ New Rules - 6th April 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SSUK

Old Rules/ New Rules - 6th April 2010

Post by SSUK » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:39 am

I qualify for both current rules & new rules for TIER-1 Application, the main technical difference accorind to me is length of initial visa 3 years in current one & 2 years in the new Tier-1 post 6th April 2010 rules. Is it advisable to apply for Tier-1 application under old rules or it's better to wait till 6th April 2010, as they might be more strict under existing rules for new apps before 6th April 2010...
Please can you help ? ANy thoughts on this discussion would be really great help...

[iD]

Re: Old Rules/ New Rules - 6th April 2010

Post by [iD] » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:43 pm

SSUK wrote:I qualify for both current rules & new rules for TIER-1 Application, the main technical difference accorind to me is length of initial visa 3 years in current one & 2 years in the new Tier-1 post 6th April 2010 rules. Is it advisable to apply for Tier-1 application under old rules or it's better to wait till 6th April 2010, as they might be more strict under existing rules for new apps before 6th April 2010...
Please can you help ? ANy thoughts on this discussion would be really great help...
It really depends on individual but if it was up to me I'd go for old rules and they look a bit relaxed. Also you get 3 years to set your foot in the UK and find a job that pays you enough to get extension
Goodluck.

akshay.kumar1729
Newly Registered

apply right away!

Post by akshay.kumar1729 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:57 pm

If you have the necessary maintenance funds in your bank account for a continuous period of 3 months if you have the money to spare for the visa application fees then apply right away.

2 main advantages are

(1) You will get a 3 year visa (but on renewal/extensions you will get just a 2-year visa)
(2) When you apply for extension/renewal at the end of 3 years the current more relaxed rules will apply, not the more stringent rules that come into effect on April 6.

pepene

Re: Old Rules/ New Rules - 6th April 2010

Post by pepene » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:58 pm

[iD] wrote:
SSUK wrote:I qualify for both current rules & new rules for TIER-1 Application, the main technical difference accorind to me is length of initial visa 3 years in current one & 2 years in the new Tier-1 post 6th April 2010 rules. Is it advisable to apply for Tier-1 application under old rules or it's better to wait till 6th April 2010, as they might be more strict under existing rules for new apps before 6th April 2010...
It really depends on individual but if it was up to me I'd go for old rules and they look a bit relaxed. Also you get 3 years to set your foot in the UK and find a job that pays you enough to get extension
its also cheaper I think as fees are going up in April. good luck

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Many Thanks, i really appreciate your responses...