ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice [Workpermit Holder]

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

grovern
Newly Registered

Need advice [Workpermit Holder]

Post by grovern » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:25 pm

Hi All,

I have landed in UK about a month back with a work permit valid till next year. My wife has also joined me in the hope of finding a job on the dependant work permit Visa but finding it very hard as my work permit is valid for less than a year from now. As we anyway planned on applying for HSMP we plan to do it right away. If some one can answer the following questions it will be wonderful:

- Who among both of us should file the application for HSMP. Both os us meet all the main criteria. Only differences are my salary for last one year is more than hers (but we meet the criteria) and She has left her job as of last month so out of job now. Both have same experience in terms of years.
- Will it make any difference if I file it while I'm working on a work permit.
- Do I need to go back to my home country once we get the HSMP to get the VISA stamped again or it can be done in UK itself?
- Any experience letter samples. Both of us are in IT so main responsibilities are design and development, is that enough (with project details)?

Any help will be really helpful.

Regards
Neeraj

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:23 am

Hiya,

If I had to take the decision which of you should apply I would go for the one with more points. I believe it is better to score more points as in some occasions they might not calculate the points exactly as you do.

It doesn't make a difference if you apply while on WP and more than that you can switch from WP to HSMP while in the UK- no need to go back to your home countre. In fact I did the same thing.

I don't have a soft copy of experience statements but basically mine were exactly like a reference letter with very detailed job description and mentioning that the level of job was graduate.

Good Luck!
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

grovern
Newly Registered

Post by grovern » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response. It seems both of us have almost same points. Having studied and lived together for past 10 years it really means we have almost the same everything.

One more issue I have is though I have 6+ years of experience here are some details:
- My first title had trainee in that. Though I'm getting my employer to write it required Graduate Engineering degree, will that be enough? I found one PDF on OISC website which is a set of gudelines for caseworkers. It says a designation of trainee does not really need graduate degree.
- Though I have service certificates (just giving start and end dates) for 6 years. I would only have detailed experience for 4 years and 7 months as y last employer is my current from where I can not get detailed experience certificate. Will that be enough?

Regards
Neeraj

bani

Post by bani » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:36 am

Hi Grovern,

I think it's better if you (WP holder) applies for HSMP. This way you can still apply for ILR 4 years after entering the UK on WP, the HSMP would be continuous with time spent on WP visa. If your wife gets the HSMP, you restart the 4 years once she starts on it. Not too sure on this, so I hope someone can confirm it.

As for the trainee title, as long as you describe the job in detail (state that it requires a degree because of specific skills and prior knowledge required), I think that is ok. You need to say more than that it requires an engineering degree but provide the details why.

Good luck :).
grovern wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the response. It seems both of us have almost same points. Having studied and lived together for past 10 years it really means we have almost the same everything.

One more issue I have is though I have 6+ years of experience here are some details:
- My first title had trainee in that. Though I'm getting my employer to write it required Graduate Engineering degree, will that be enough? I found one PDF on OISC website which is a set of gudelines for caseworkers. It says a designation of trainee does not really need graduate degree.
- Though I have service certificates (just giving start and end dates) for 6 years. I would only have detailed experience for 4 years and 7 months as y last employer is my current from where I can not get detailed experience certificate. Will that be enough?

Regards
Neeraj