ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP PLEASE!! Switching from TIERE 1 (PSW) to TIER 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blaze007
Newly Registered

HELP PLEASE!! Switching from TIERE 1 (PSW) to TIER 2

Post by blaze007 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:42 am

Hi Guys,

I am on PSW and have been doing 2 jobs - Full-Time (Senior Graphic Designer) and Part-Time (Graphic Designer - Work from Home).

Due to these new TIER 1 rules changing without giving a minimum of 3 months notice atleast, I am affected by this. I was supposed to apply in May 2010 but due to these new rules I need more salary if I apply after 06th April 2010. This is totally unfair but cannot do much other than exploring TIER 2 options.

My Full-Time employer doesn't have the licence for Sponsorship but my second job which I am doing Part-Time, has Tier 2 Sponsorship licence.
I have been with the second job employer for the past 7 months. I am getting the required points according to the new rules.

My Queries are:

1. Can he provide the sponsorship letter if:
1a. He changes my working hours to Full-Time with the same job title?
1b. He changes my salary within the same job (Part-Time pay to Full- Time pay)?
1c. I can work for one of his clients than doing in-house work (different location)?

2. Does he still have to do "Resident labour market test"?

3. What are the documents that he need to arrange for this process?

Your expert advice will be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.
Last edited by blaze007 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:56 pm

deleted
Last edited by arsenal49 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: HELP PLEASE!! Switching from TIERE 1 (PSW) to TIER 2

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:01 am

blaze007 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am on PSW and have been doing 2 jobs - Full-Time (Senior Graphic Designer) and Part-Time (Graphic Designer - Work from Home).

Due to these new TIER 1 rules changing without giving a minimum of 3 months notice atleast, I am affected by this. I was supposed to apply in May 2010 but due to these new rules I need more salary if I apply after 06th April 2010. This is totally unfair but cannot do much other than exploring TIER 2 options.

My Full-Time employer doesn't have the licence for Sponsorship but my second job which I am doing Part-Time, has Tier 2 Sponsorship licence.
I have been with the second job employer for the past 7 months. I am getting the required points according to the new rules.

My Queries are:

1c. I can work for one of his clients than doing in-house work (different location)?

Your expertise advice will be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.
2.........if you are on psw visa and working for him for 6 months than you will gain 30 points and your employer dont have to show labour test...

3....... there is a link on ukba website under tier 2 meant for employers who are applying for license for the first time... go through it and you will get authentic info rather than bits and pieces of info from diff members here.

1...... again the same link should answer your query

one more thing... 30 points that you gain as a psw holder and working for employer for 6 month..... make sure you are positive that those points are awarded even if you are only doing part-time work for employer... (i am not too sure if it has to be full time or part-time would suffice)

regards

blaze007
Newly Registered

Re: HELP PLEASE!! Switching from TIERE 1 (PSW) to TIER 2

Post by blaze007 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 pm

arsenal49 wrote:
blaze007 wrote:Hi Guys,

My Queries are:

Your expertise advice will be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.
2.........if you are on psw visa and working for him for 6 months than you will gain 30 points and your employer dont have to show labour test...

3....... there is a link on ukba website under tier 2 meant for employers who are applying for license for the first time... go through it and you will get authentic info rather than bits and pieces of info from diff members here.

1...... again the same link should answer your query

one more thing... 30 points that you gain as a psw holder and working for employer for 6 month..... make sure you are positive that those points are awarded even if you are only doing part-time work for employer... (i am not too sure if it has to be full time or part-time would suffice)

regards
Thanks for your suggestion mate!

That was helpful.

ammu12345

Post by ammu12345 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:23 pm

one important thing which ppl dont take notice of......the salary has to be in line with code of practice

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:05 am

ammu12345 wrote:one important thing which ppl dont take notice of......the salary has to be in line with code of practice
what code of practice you are talking about? there is no code of practice for psw visa holders to the best of my knowledge. can you elaborate on your reply please.

regards