ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings (no payslips at all)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alyssang
Newly Registered

Previous Earnings (no payslips at all)

Post by alyssang » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:10 pm

I've worked part time as a waitress in Chinatown for a year. All my earnings are cash in hand and I have no payslips to show the amount that I have earned. My bank statements would be able to show that the money have been deposited. Is there any way for me to rely on this income to support my previous earnings criteria when applying for initial application to Tier 1 General?

I only found out about this early of this year from a friend and I have less than 10 months left before my PSW visa expires in January 2011. Please advise me, anyone. Thanks!

[iD]

Re: Previous Earnings (no payslips at all)

Post by [iD] » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:34 pm

alyssang wrote:I've worked part time as a waitress in Chinatown for a year. All my earnings are cash in hand and I have no payslips to show the amount that I have earned. My bank statements would be able to show that the money have been deposited. Is there any way for me to rely on this income to support my previous earnings criteria when applying for initial application to Tier 1 General?

I only found out about this early of this year from a friend and I have less than 10 months left before my PSW visa expires in January 2011. Please advise me, anyone. Thanks!
you need two documents from different sources explaining earnings you've claimed. You can get a letter from your employer but what would be the other document?

link to policy guidance
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Goodluck.

alyssang
Newly Registered

Re: Previous Earnings (no payslips at all)

Post by alyssang » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 pm

[iD] wrote:
alyssang wrote:I've worked part time as a waitress in Chinatown for a year. All my earnings are cash in hand and I have no payslips to show the amount that I have earned. My bank statements would be able to show that the money have been deposited. Is there any way for me to rely on this income to support my previous earnings criteria when applying for initial application to Tier 1 General?

you need two documents from different sources explaining earnings you've claimed. You can get a letter from your employer but what would be the other document?

link to policy guidance
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
hi ya. thanks for the reply. i thought of asking my employer to issue a payslip but am not sure if that will work, noting the amount per hour he pays (less than minimum wage) and also the tax issues which will arise from there. furthermore, i filled in P46 form prior to starting this job. i have no idea of the other document you mentioned.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:41 pm

unfortunately you can only claim points on income you paid tax on unless you were exempt from paying tax for some reason.

It looks like you can't claim points on that job as it looks like your employer never paid your tax and NI and you werent registered to work there
Goodluck.