ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If application is rejected?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kju

If application is rejected?

Post by kju » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:42 pm

Hello, I want to apply for Tier 1 visa before 6th April outside UK.
I meet all the requirements, except I'm not 100% sure about my degree.
This is what I have selected/found on PBS calculator and I was awarded with 35 points:

Country of study: Croatia
Qualification: Magistar (Master's degree) (Level VII/2)
Institution: University of Zagreb
Length of course: 4 years or less than 5
Subject: Engineering
Year of award: 2005
Points awarded: 35

I will not have time to get a NARIC Statement of Comparability before 6th April, so what if my application gets rejected because of that... Can I appeal, get a NARIC letter and still apply under old rules? Or do I have to re-apply, pay another fee, etc.?

Please help

[iD]

Re: If application is rejected?

Post by [iD] » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Is the qualification you mentioned was exactly your qualification?
If yes then as long as point based calculator gives you points for your degree you don't need UK NARIC statement. You can claim points for your qualification
kju wrote:Hello, I want to apply for Tier 1 visa before 6th April outside UK.
I meet all the requirements, except I'm not 100% sure about my degree.
This is what I have selected/found on PBS calculator and I was awarded with 35 points:

Country of study: Croatia
Qualification: Magistar (Master's degree) (Level VII/2)
Institution: University of Zagreb
Length of course: 4 years or less than 5
Subject: Engineering
Year of award: 2005
Points awarded: 35

I will not have time to get a NARIC Statement of Comparability before 6th April, so what if my application gets rejected because of that... Can I appeal, get a NARIC letter and still apply under old rules? Or do I have to re-apply, pay another fee, etc.?

Please help
Goodluck.

kju

Post by kju » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:21 pm

[iD] wrote:Is the qualification you mentioned was exactly your qualification?
If yes then as long as point based calculator gives you points for your degree you don't need UK NARIC statement. You can claim points for your qualification
well, it is a bit tricky, as i explained here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=53787

>> my original degree from 2005 is dipl.ing = Bachelor's Degree, but in the meantime after Bologna Process has been recently implemented in Croatia, I have been issued a certificate from my University that proves my degree now translates into Master's.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:41 pm

kju wrote:
[iD] wrote:Is the qualification you mentioned was exactly your qualification?
well, it is a bit tricky, as i explained here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=53787

>> my original degree from 2005 is dipl.ing = Bachelor's Degree, but in the meantime after Bologna Process has been recently implemented in Croatia, I have been issued a certificate from my University that proves my degree now translates into Master's.
here is what I would do.
- Call UK NARIC and see if they can confirm on phone if your degree is equivalent to UK Masters. If it is equivalent to UK Masters then
- Also confirm how long would it take them to send you the equivalent certificate. just to make sure if it doesn't take very long
- Apply for UK NARIC certificate

===
prepare your application.
- explain your academic situation in a cover letter
- include that document (issued by your university) that your diploma is now translated into masters. get it translated into english
- and get uni to write you a letter saying the same thing

and send your application without UK NARIC letter but explain in the cover letter that you'd send UK NARIC letter as soon as you get it.

when you get the UK NARIC thingy just send it to UK Border Agency with a cover letter.
thats it
Goodluck.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 am

agree with the poster above....

Thats the next best thing you could do if you HAVE to submit app before 6 April

regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:22 am

There is also a fast track service from UK NARIC, where they give letter of comparability within 24hrs (expensive though). But if applying outside UK, it will take some time for the delivery of the letter. Call them and see what they say. Contact details in the below link. All the best.
http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=69

kju

Post by kju » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:32 am

aruni4470 wrote:But if applying outside UK, it will take some time for the delivery of the letter.
Yes that's what I'm worried about.. If I apply for 24 hour service I might not get it on time either way, because it takes 5-8 days or more to arrive by post... Ah.

Anyway, thanks guys for all the suggestions, I'll try to do as you said... Many thanks!!!