ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife can't attend set(m) interview....

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tothetop76
Newly Registered

Wife can't attend set(m) interview....

Post by tothetop76 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:40 am

I am due to attend an interview for my set(m) application at HO,croydon.

But the problem is my wife(British) can't attend because she is due for our first baby around that time and don't want to risk any complications while at HO(more medical reasons)!!

So what can i do since its premium application i am making?!....Thanks

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:23 am

Since your wife's presence is not required, let her stay at home

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 am

No problem that she doesn't attend with you, but as this is for SET(M), submit a letter from your wife with the application, explaining why she isn't able to be there.

Tim555

Re: Wife can't attend set(m) interview....

Post by Tim555 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:39 pm

tothetop76 wrote:I am due to attend an interview for my set(m) application at HO,croydon.

But the problem is my wife(British) can't attend because she is due for our first baby around that time and don't want to risk any complications while at HO(more medical reasons)!!

So what can i do since its premium application i am making?!....Thanks
Not a problem. Just bring two ( following ) letters with you.

!) NOL, No objection Letter from your wife, saying she is supporting your application and you are living together, marriage is still alive. ( just a manual hand written letter or a print out, signed by your wife - sighn must be same as she did on her passport ).

2) Letters or evidences that show your wife can not come to attend appointment due to medical reason. ( Letters from GP, Doctor etc )

Good Luck.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:37 pm

You don't need the medical letters. Just a letter from your wife will be sufficient.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Casa wrote:You don't need the medical letters. Just a letter from your wife will be sufficient.
Incase they ask, for safe side he can bring medical letters, if he has or if he can.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:10 pm

I am due to attend an interview for my set(m) application at HO,croydon.
Who told you that? That is, who told you it was an interview? You have an appointment, but to call what will happen an interview is totally overstating the process.

At the relevant point you will hand over documentation. The person you hand that information to will look through it, and might ask a question or two, but no way is "interview" the appropriate word for that process.
John

G_Prakash
Newly Registered

Post by G_Prakash » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... oservices/

"""If you are applying on form SET(M) (to extend your stay or settle in the UK as the spouse or partner of a person who is settled here), both you and your partner must attend your appointment. If your partner cannot come with you, you must bring a letter they have written to say they support your application. They must sign and date the letter and give us a daytime phone number so we can contact them, if necessary. Your spouse or partner who is settled here, must be present in the United Kingdom at the time of the application."""

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:10 am

You post that after 44 months? But I maintain my point, an "interview" does not normally take place, and the word "interview" is not used in the UKBA wording that you quote.
John