ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INVALID PBS(Dependant) FORM USED

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MOYSC22
Newly Registered

INVALID PBS(Dependant) FORM USED

Post by MOYSC22 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:53 am

Hi there,

Appreciate help/advise on my case.

Home Office received my HSMP Tier 1 (G) application on 19th Feb 2010.
My application was approved on 17th Mar 2010 but my dependants;
application was rejected because of a supposedly wrong version of
PBS (D) form used.

The PBS (D) form used when the time I sent my application was version 10/09 (which was the latest one I found just before I sent my application). However, the Home Office claimed that I should have used form version 03/10. This 03/10 version is for use from 12th Mar onwards.

Can someone please help advise what recourse do I have, as I have to pay a separate dependant application of £465 each instead of £50 (when processed together with main applicant). Also, my dependants' will expire very soon (in another month) and I have just checked that any complaints made to Home Office would take 20 working days for reply.
What should I do?

Thanks

waitinggameinuk
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa

Post by waitinggameinuk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Same thing happened to me...but they are still waiting to make a decision on the main applicant. The officer said the form was updated on January 15th and again on January 22nd. I submitted the forms on February 12th and now my visa is expired. I was told I could appeal under the main applicant but considering a decision has yet to be made that option isn't available at the moment. I'm at a loss too...

MOYSC22
Newly Registered

Post by MOYSC22 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi

I called the UKBA and they ask to send in fresh application. I have to bite the bullet and send in new applications for my dependants. Costly mistake - financially and emotionally.
Now putting together new banks statements because the dates on them more than one month old.
Then check make sure they don't quietly change another new version and send out application.

waitinggameinuk
Newly Registered

Application Resubmitted

Post by waitinggameinuk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:46 pm

I prefer to do that then have to pay to go home and reapply. Are your dependants current visas expired now, but within the 28 days of the date of the letter then? If not, my situation may be a little different.

[iD]

Re: INVALID PBS(Dependant) FORM USED

Post by [iD] » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:02 am

MOYSC22 wrote:Hi there,

PBS (D) form used.

The PBS (D) form used when the time I sent my application was version 10/09 (which was the latest one I found just before I sent my application). However, the Home Office claimed that I should have used form version 03/10. This 03/10 version is for use from 12th Mar onwards.

Can someone please help advise what recourse do I have, as I have to pay a separate dependant application of £465 each instead of £50 (when processed together with main applicant). Also, my dependants' will expire very soon (in another month) and I have just checked that any complaints made to Home Office would take 20 working days for reply.
What should I do?

Thanks
So basically what you're saying is that you sent yours and your dependents form together before 19th Feb 2010 and your dependents form was rejected as they asked you to use the form that starts from 12th March?

okay you got me worried too now cuz if i remember correctly i sent the same v10/09 for dependent as it WAS the latest form available and even if it wasn't the latest i'd still send that form because new form says it is for the application made on or after 12 march.

if it happens to me i might ask them to pay the other 400 as i'm not prepared to pay for someone else's mistake
Goodluck.

dima
Member of Standing

Re: INVALID PBS(Dependant) FORM USED

Post by dima » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 am

MOYSC22 wrote:Hi there,

PBS (D) form used.

What should I do?

Thanks
This is very strange :? !!! you applied on 19th Feb and the new forms are from 12th March. How would you know/dream that the forms are gonna change. I feel, you should talk to HO and try to get it trated as you have applied dep's application together with yours. Give it a try talking to HO.

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:13 am

Hi,

I may also fall in the same situation. My application reached home office on 11th March, 2010 and they deducted the fees on the same day. The version of dependant application I used for my wife is 01/10 which says - this form is specified for applications made on or after 15 January 2010.

Do I fall in the same catergory? I am tensed after seeing this post. Please advise.

Thanks,
Dev

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi,

Seniors can you please answer my doubt above.

Thanks,
Dev

waitinggameinuk
Newly Registered

Forms

Post by waitinggameinuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:23 am

Sorry. When I spoke with the case worker she told me that they updated the form on January 15...."and again on the 22nd". After some digging I believe she meant February 22nd.

I submitted my application on February 12th...and should have used the post-January 15th form. I was being the overachiever and downloaded it to type it all out (granted between that and the main applicant form it was 100+ pages). By the time I got the documentation and sent the information through they had already issued a new form. Our visas expired on February 25th...so it would have been nice if they would have picked up on the error when they processed the application fee. I would have had time to submit the correct application...probably changed yet again! The new forms were switched in a very hush hush manner.

I read a warning saying that the current form stating post-March 12th is acceptable but the application fee is increasing after April 6th....but new forms with the correct fee won't be available until April 26th! So beware out there...best to check day you submit the forms to make sure! As long as your date falls before the 'application date' you'll be fine. They consider your application submitted by the posting date.

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:33 am

Hi,

Is it ok if I send a new dependant application (current version 03/10) now with a covering letter explaining things happened. I had sent version 01/10 while applying. Or should I call them? On which number should I call?

My application reached them on March 11th, Please help urgent.

Thanks,
Dev

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:36 am

Hi,

I checked with the home office by calling and they said that there is no problem if we use version 01/10. Currently they are looking at that version only.

Thanks,
Dev

tierext123
Newly Registered

PBS(D)Form Changes

Post by tierext123 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:01 am

This is what i have seen for PBS(D) application

PBS(D) 15/01/2010 - Applications from 15th Jan onwards
PBS(D) 22/02/2010 - I think only the version of policy document changed not the form.
PBS(D) 03/03/2010- Applications form 3rd March onwards
PBS(D) 12/03/2010 - Applications from 12th March onwards- Though the new form was available only from 15th March on the website.

Even i have sent my applications on 11th March and Received on 12th March by Royal Mail. As per the policy the application date is the date we sent the it from UK for postal applications. If they reject based on version(03/03/2010) then it is not fair as they have introduced the change retroactively and we end up paying GBP 400 more because of their mistake.
I think you should be able to appeal if you have used the right form on the day sent using postal service.

Hope this helps