ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Tier1 - Previous Earning Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jack_seth

New Tier1 - Previous Earning Query

Post by jack_seth » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:22 am

Hi ,

I am eligible to appy new Tier1(After Apr 6) if i am earning more than 55K per annum. Currently i am on work permit and earning 40K (3337 per month) till march. I am working through umbrella company. I can increase my salary into 7200 GBP for 4 months(Apr, May, june & Jul). so that i can make it into 55,496K ((7200*4) + (3337*8)). If I show the payslips with 3337 for 8 months and 7200 for last 4 months, will it be okay to get Tier1 General. Whether i need to show any document to this salary changes from 3337 to 7200.

Or

If i ask my umbrella company to put 15K as bonus in month and can i show that to HO for my Tier1 application.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

dima
Member of Standing

Re: New Tier1 - Previous Earning Query

Post by dima » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:33 pm

jack_seth wrote:Hi ,

I am eligible to appy new Tier1(After Apr 6) if i am earning more than 55K per annum. Currently i am on work permit and earning 40K (3337 per month) till march. I am working through umbrella company. I can increase my salary into 7200 GBP for 4 months(Apr, May, june & Jul). so that i can make it into 55,496K ((7200*4) + (3337*8)). If I show the payslips with 3337 for 8 months and 7200 for last 4 months, will it be okay to get Tier1 General. Whether i need to show any document to this salary changes from 3337 to 7200.

Or

If i ask my umbrella company to put 15K as bonus in month and can i show that to HO for my Tier1 application.

You mean to say GBP 7200 pm is the bonus amount? along with your pay ?is it like (7200-3337) 3863 extra for 4 months?
I personally feel this will be a better option having 7200 in your next 4 mnths payslip, showing 3863 as bonus along with your gross 3337. :)

Karachi123
Newly Registered

Urgent querry

Post by Karachi123 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 pm

I am earning 10,000 pound sterling per anum. what will be my points. moreover if i have done IELTS 14 months ago then is it still valid. Thanks and please reply

[iD]

Re: Urgent querry

Post by [iD] » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Karachi123 wrote:I am earning 10,000 pound sterling per anum. what will be my points. moreover if i have done IELTS 14 months ago then is it still valid. Thanks and please reply
as far as I know ielts is valid for 2 years (24 months)
where are you applying from
Goodluck.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: New Tier1 - Previous Earning Query

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Yes you can do that. You don't need any document to prove the salary change. You can also take the shortfall amount as overtime. Bonus is also acceptable.
jack_seth wrote:Hi ,

Or

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Thanks chetanojha for your reply. But i have checked with one solicitor, he told me that my employer(umbrella company) has to inform Home office about salary change. So i am afraid to make salary change.. Please advice whether informing Homeoffice(update my work permit) is a mandatory.

sarath1212

Post by sarath1212 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:02 pm

jack_seth wrote:Thanks chetanojha for your reply. But i have checked with one solicitor, he told me that my employer(umbrella company) has to inform Home office about salary change. So i am afraid to make salary change.. Please advice whether informing Homeoffice(update my work permit) is a mandatory.
Hi Jack, Me too on the same situation.Your employer don't need to inform the HO if it is paid as bonus or Over time.

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:06 pm

I got my Visa last year where my slary amount was always different in every salary slip (I was working as an IT contractor on a daily rate and use to work overtime as well).

As per the rules you dont have to have the same salary on every salalry slip.

Just make sure that while filling the form when you give the contact details of your employer then you must give of the person who can verify the legitimity of your salary.

sarath1212

Post by sarath1212 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:10 pm

nasirraza_31 wrote:I got my Visa last year where my slary amount was always different in every salary slip (I was working as an IT contractor on a daily rate and use to work overtime as well).

As per the rules you dont have to have the same salary on every salalry slip.

Just make sure that while filling the form when you give the contact details of your employer then you must give of the person who can verify the legitimity of your salary.
Thanks Nasirraza. Have you changed from WP to Tier 1 or some thing else?

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Yes I did.

I was here on work permit dependant visa.

They never ask to submit work permit document. All they need is that you have correct documents and you have paid your taxes properly which they will get to know from your NI number.

All the best.

sarath1212

Post by sarath1212 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:20 pm

nasirraza_31 wrote:Yes I did.

They never ask to submit work permit document. All they need is that you have correct documents and you have paid your taxes properly which they will get to know from your NI number.

All the best.
Got it! Many Thanks Mate.

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi nasirraza_31,

Thanks for your reply. You were on work permit dependent. So you can earn as much u can. But I am on a work permit. In my work permit, they have specified my annual income. I have cross checked with one solicitor, he told me that employer should communicate to HO if there are any variance in my salary.

Please correct me if i am wrong.
nasirraza_31 wrote:Yes I did.

All the best.

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi,

Soory but I have no idea about the issue you are talking about here.

You might try to stick with what the solicitor is saying here.

My personal opinion is that you should call the home office and get it clarified as I doubt these solicitors. I went to 3 solicitors before applying and one of them said that I cannot get my visa as my salary is being deposited in a joint account (me and my wife), which later turned out to be absolutly wrong. Hence, I suggest call Home office and get it sorted.

As far as i understand if you have your NI number and your salary is legitimate then it should not be an issue. But I do see the point of informing the home office about salary change on work permit as work permit is also having its points calulator.

Sorry for not being of much help.

All the best!

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi nasirraza_31,

Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas. It is really helped me. I don't want to make any mistake in my application. Thats why i am asking these again and again.

Once again thanks for your help.

nasirraza_31 wrote:Hi,

Soory but I have no idea about the issue you are talking about here.

You might try to stick with what the solicitor is saying here.

My personal opinion is that you should call the home office and get it clarified as I doubt these solicitors. I went to 3 solicitors before applying and one of them said that I cannot get my visa as my salary is being deposited in a joint account (me and my wife), which later turned out to be absolutly wrong. Hence, I suggest call Home office and get it sorted.

As far as i understand if you have your NI number and your salary is legitimate then it should not be an issue. But I do see the point of informing the home office about salary change on work permit as work permit is also having its points calulator.

Sorry for not being of much help.

All the best!

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi All,

I have checked the UKBA website about salary changes.. Please check below.

You do not need to tell us about
•
Changes to the employee’s home address
•
Gender changes which are not recorded on the employee’s passport
•
Salary increases as a result of annual increments or other annual pay awards paid to most staff.

Please go thru this link for more details.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... employment

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:32 pm

I told you not to trust these solicitors.

You saved yourself from a lot of hassles here by checking the website.

Good job!