ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon 23 March

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bhumi

ILR Success at Croydon 23 March

Post by Bhumi » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi All,

First of all thanks a ton to this forum especially to all senior members and other members for their active participation and providing all knowledge, advice and information. I would like to describe the entire experience...

My appointment time was 9:45, although i left early to reach before 30 minutes but because of traffic I reached at 9:40.....Theres loads of parking spaces at public parking just round the corner at sydenham road...

There was a queue and we waited for about 15-20 minutes before being called for airport type security check and i believe there's a separate queque for ILR as the lady took us in straightaway..

The counter at downstairs checked our passports, application form and life in uk test (you can ask your score) put valid stamp and finally gave ticket number and asked to proceed on first floor for payment.....The payment was quick and retained payment page in exchange of receipt.. After payment we waited in large waiting area for our ticket number to be called....we had to wait for 1 hour and then for next 45 minutes we were with the case worker....

Caseworker was very friendly and polite...he first asked for ticket number, passport, applicaiton form and receipt....and for next 20 minutes he throughly scrutinised all passport related information....Later on he asked for current employment letter, 2 photos, 3 payslips, 3 bank statements, 4P60's of the main applicant...Not a single document for dependant(except his life in uk test and photos). My husband had 3 points on license, £60 fine and I mentioned LC20 traffic offence code...also mentioned in details section No Court was Involved and No Conviction....

He was then satisfied with all documents and told he is happy to approve application and asked to wait for 1 and half hour... time for passports to get stamped. We went out of the building to have subway and greggs and came back after 1 hour and in another 10 minutes our ticket number was called ...and finally..my passport was ready with ILR stamps and the lady asked to check names and DOB before leaving.......Hope this helps to all future applicants....Once again thanks to this forum....

kmrk123
Newly Registered

Post by kmrk123 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Congratulations Bhumi!

This should be really helpful to others. Under which category you applied for ILR?

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:18 am

Workpermit + Tier 1 , best luck..

shs213

Post by shs213 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:51 am

Bhumi wrote:Workpermit + Tier 1 , best luck..
Congrats!

Did they ask for;

your marriage certificate?
any letters from the prev employer
Any UKBA letters on your WP?
Finally, did he specifically ask for four P60s?

Thanks....

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:18 am

Probably they didnt ask for my marriage certificate as i recently got a new passport with my husbands name and as he came along with me..

He didnt ask for any letter from previous employment...however i did take it with me just incase because this depends upon case worker to caseworker...Do take your workpermit approval letter and HSMp/Tier1 with you should they ask just incase and yes he did ask for all P60's....if you are going in person give them only those documents that they ask for and caseworker would also say how many ....so dont give any extra than required.....Best Luck....

hameleon
Newly Registered

Post by hameleon » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:28 am

Bhumi wrote:Probably they didnt ask for my marriage certificate as i recently got a new passport with my husbands name and as he came along with me..

He didnt ask for any letter from previous employment...however i did take it with me just incase because this depends upon case worker to caseworker...Do take your workpermit approval letter and HSMp/Tier1 with you should they ask just incase and yes he did ask for all P60's....if you are going in person give them only those documents that they ask for and caseworker would also say how many ....so dont give any extra than required.....Best Luck....
Hi, all!! What you suggest me to do, if i don't have original of work permit(only copy not notary certified) and all my p60s appart of last one i hope, showing income much less than written in my WP. I'm 5yrs WP holder and going to apply with my wife soon, so will be very appreciated for any advice. Is it a rule that if you are going in person caseworker goinh to ask all p60s? Help please

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:20 pm

hameleon wrote:
Bhumi wrote:Probably they didnt ask for my marriage certificate as i recently got a new passport with my husbands name and as he came along with me..

Hi, all!! What you suggest me to do, if i don't have original of work permit(only copy not notary certified) and all my p60s appart of last one i hope, showing income much less than written in my WP. I'm 5yrs WP holder and going to apply with my wife soon, so will be very appreciated for any advice. Is it a rule that if you are going in person caseworker goinh to ask all p60s? Help please
hi it depends on caseworker to caseworker, they may or may not ask for all P60s. Have you been working for a single employer throughout? in that csae they might not ask for all p60s. And re P60s showing less salary, is that because of you taking some unpaid leave? one of my p60s showed lesser income than what my wp was approved for but that was due to me taking unpaid leave in the first year of my employment. I was told by solicitors that it wouldn't matter as I had paid all my taxes and the home office wouldn't bother about the less amount on one p60...i still kept worrying till the last minute but the caseworker actually didn't request any more p60s after I handed over the latest one.

Hope that helps...good luck!

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Dear All,

Recently 3 of my friends working in the company on WP for 5 years got ILR all were having the somewhat same salary issues as others. however one of them (got on last friday) appointed solicitor while the otther two went directly to HO in person today. The only important thing HO cares about during ILR is that you are econimically active and as a proof they ask you about payslips, bank statements, current employment letter and P60.. Normally last 3 payslips, 3 bank statments and 4 P60 and current employment letter should be more than enough to satisfy. However as this depends upon caseworker to caseworker they may ask you more bank statements or all 5 P60 but if you have only 4 P60 you can explain that you will be receiving P60 of previous financial year in after end of April...Seniors do comment on the last sentence if thats correct. Hope this helps to give you more information. Best Luck to all....
Last edited by Bhumi on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi Hameleon,

I didnt had my original workpermit approval as well but luckily had kept faxed copy that my solicitor gave me (however caseworker never asked for WP or Tier 1 approval document. If you had your work permit done then i am sure HO can check that in their system and you can tell them that your employer kept original workpermit document with them. Also since you will have a letter from current WP employer it should be OK if you dont have original Wp approval letter. Best Luck.....

scorpionlion
Newly Registered

My Application is approved !

Post by scorpionlion » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 am

Hi All,
I applied for the Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR) on 9th March 2010 from Public Enquiry Office, Croydon using the in-person premium service along with my spouse, for which I paid £1070.

Unfortunately, on that day there was strike going on therefore all of my documents' copies and original passports (mine and spouse's) were retained and I have been informed that I would receive a call when my application approved.

I received a call on 12th March 2010 that my application is approved/successful and stamps are applied on both of the passports.
I asked them to post it to my current office address . I had been assured that It would be posted same day or next working day.

After that I received a call again on 18th March 2010 that my passports were not posted due to some departmental problem and would be posted on that day and had been given Royal mail tracking number .

I didn't receive passport till 29th March so I called Croydon public enquiry office and have been told that my passports were posted on 22nd March 2010.

Hearing that I called royal mail to find out about the post situation and they informed me that they don't have any information available with them. They also could not confirm whether passports were posted or not as royal mail scans bar code for the recorded delivery packets at the source as well, which was not the case for my post.

I was really concerned about the status of my passports and in urgent need of them to travel out the country (due to which I applied through premium service and paid the high fee ) . Also I understand that passport is the very important document which can be used for illegal activities.

I wrote a mail to ukbapublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk and lsecsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with all the details and my concern on 29th March evening.

Lucky enough I got my passports in 30th March post and I thanked god that things got sorted on time!!

Thanks for this forum for providing the experiences and information from other members

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:12 pm

Congrats Mate! It will always come anyway.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:52 pm

as i told earlier for other member, it is so easy to get ILR for work permit+ tier 1 that is 5 years, but it is very hard to get ILR from 10 years, anyway congrats bhumi

VOLKAN
Newly Registered

Post by VOLKAN » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:38 am

Hi, I was on the work permit and now on tier 2. my 5 year is finishing on the 18th june 2010. I have three original p60 and one copy p60. i do not have one of them belongs to 2006-2007 year. I contacted the company I worked for at that time but they do not have a copy and i could not get one.

what can I do? how can i get one? please advice me.

thanks,

volkan

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:01 pm

VOLKAN wrote:Hi, I was on the work permit and now on tier 2. my 5 year is finishing on the 18th june 2010. I have three original p60 and one copy p60. i do not have one of them belongs to 2006-2007 year. I contacted the company I worked for at that time but they do not have a copy and i could not get one.

what can I do? how can i get one? please advice me.

thanks,

volkan
3 originals and one copy p60 should not be a problem but if you are really worried just contact your local tax office (you can get their contact number from HMRC website) and request them to send you the tax details for that particular year. You can tell them that you are due to apply for your ILR and have a missing P60, they get these requests at regular basis so are well aware of what info to send you. They are quite quick too so don't worry :)