ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not-EU spouse and Irish citizen moving country - employment

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luckyfish
Newly Registered

Not-EU spouse and Irish citizen moving country - employment

Post by luckyfish » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 am

Hi All,

Apologies if I have missed a similar subject.

My spouse (Irish) and I (not-EU) are considering moving from Ireland to France for some time. Because of my profession (IT) it is much easier for me to find work, while for my spouse it might take months (less experience, less demanded profession) to find something.

It takes about 3 month for me alone to change country simply because of the paperwork involved for non-EU employees, which also might deter potential employer who are reluctant to hire someone if there is such long waiting time.

Will it be better/possible for us to go to France together so that I could start working immediately as a spouse of an EU citizen, and in 3 month in case if my spouse is still unemployed he can then claim to be "of independent means" on the basis of my bank account?

Has anyone here done this or perhaps you know someone who was in a similar situation?

Advice much appreciated :)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:00 am

I remember some comments here regarding residence in France based on self-sufficiency. Look for the comments of pierre75.