ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Payment not taken

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anwar16
Newly Registered

ILR Payment not taken

Post by Anwar16 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:22 am

I applied for ILR on the 5th February 2010, and since then the payment has not been taken.

I contacted Home Office a month a ago and they say that cannot do anything regarding this. They advised me to wait until 14 weeks complete and then they will investigate.

I contacted again today and they say if the payment has not been made then the case will not be allocated to case worker and will be no progress.

They cannot check anything as they payment is done by another company and they are not able to check what is holding the payment up.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks

Lynnuk
BANNED

Re: ILR Payment not taken

Post by Lynnuk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Anwar16 wrote:I applied for ILR on the 5th February 2010, and since then the payment has not been taken.

I contacted Home Office a month a ago and they say that cannot do anything regarding this. They advised me to wait until 14 weeks complete and then they will investigate.

I contacted again today and they say if the payment has not been made then the case will not be allocated to case worker and will be no progress.

They cannot check anything as they payment is done by another company and they are not able to check what is holding the payment up.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks

Who you made payment? Do you have checker your bank account?

Why home office is not deducted your payment?
These are my personal views only please.

Anwar16
Newly Registered

Post by Anwar16 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:38 pm

I filled out the payment page on the application form, I did put all the Credit card information corretly.

Home office will need to take the payment in order to process the application or pass it on to the case working unit.

In my case it has already been 8 weeks and no payment has been taken yet.

I did receive acknowledgement letter but nothing after that.

No letters to say if there is a problem with the payment or anything.

Tell me what to do.

nach
Newly Registered

Post by nach » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Hey if the payment was not gone through yet, then they wont process your application.

First thing

have you recieved the letter saying that your application is recieved?
if you recieved that letter there will be a reference number with that contact home office explaining them. Surely they will check into it as its money first thing they want.

All the best... As you can see i am newbie so .. please excuse me if you think i given any wrong information... this all info i given to you by my previous experiences like apply to student extension and hsmp extension.

Anwar16
Newly Registered

Post by Anwar16 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:57 pm

Yes Sir,

I did call HO twice and mentioned the scenario and they said that they cant help until the 14 weeks have passed. Only after that they will be able to look into this situation.

The HO person on the phone was very concerned as well to know that, No money has been taken out yet, but she said that there nothing she can do for me as an external company handles all the payment for the home office and if there is a problem they will contact me.

If nobody contacts me within this 14 weeks than I can contact them and ask them to look into it.

Only after 14 weeks, the HO will look into this issue.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi
Anwar16 wrote:Yes Sir,

I did call HO twice and mentioned the scenario and they said that they cant help until the 14 weeks have passed. Only after that they will be able to look into this situation.

The HO person on the phone was very concerned as well to know that, No money has been taken out yet, but she said that there nothing she can do for me as an external company handles all the payment for the home office and if there is a problem they will contact me.

If nobody contacts me within this 14 weeks than I can contact them and ask them to look into it.

Only after 14 weeks, the HO will look into this issue.

Dear you should check your bank account as may be your account has less balance.

Have you got acknowledgment letter for your application?

You should write a formal letter to home office saying you are worried why application fee has not been taken yet.If there is any problem you are ready to send checque or postal order.

I personally belive you send send a postal order to home office as soon as possible.

When your visa is going to expire as this is very important.

booboo2010

Post by booboo2010 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi I appilied for my wife ilr last year and for some reasons they were not able to take the money out from credit card and I recevied all the document back with a standard format letter saying the payment was not processed.

I applied again next day with a cheque.she got ilr later on.

you should write to them with a cheque

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm

booboo2010 wrote:Hi I appilied for my wife ilr last year and for some reasons they were not able to take the money out from credit card and I recevied all the document back with a standard format letter saying the payment was not processed.

I applied again next day with a cheque.she got ilr later on.

you should write to them with a cheque
@booboo you confimed what I said in my last post.

I am dam ?? good.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Sorry, irrelevant in this case. The difference here is that the Home Office haven't confirmed the payment (cheque) hasn't been received....so no point at this stage in paying again. :roll:

Anwar16
Newly Registered

Post by Anwar16 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks guys for all your replies.

Answers:

Firstly, Yes I have alot of available credit lemit with regards to the GBP 820 payment.

Secondly, they havent replied back to me yet as to what really the problem may be.

Thirdly, I was sent a letter to confirm the reciept of the application with a reference number. It says exactly what they say to me over the phone. "If there is any problem with the validity of your application or payment we will right to you as soon as possible."

May be right now I can just wait and see as recommended by CASA and no point paying in again.

If anybody else has similar problem please post as it will reassure me that I am not the only one, and it may be a delay in general.

Another Reason to WORRY is:

What if they let me know at a later date that the payment didn't go through, Can I still send in a cheque to continue the process or will I need to reapply???

Anwar16
Newly Registered

Post by Anwar16 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:22 pm

My VISA does not expire until End of 2011, but I completed 10 years of long recidency.

Currently under Tier 1 General Migrant.

Is it True that they are going to change ILR Eligibility and remove the long recidency category from ILR applications, just confirming as I read it in another post?

Thanks guys.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:17 am

Anwar16 wrote:Thanks guys for all your replies.

Answers:

Firstly, Yes I have alot of available credit lemit with regards to the GBP 820 payment.

Secondly, they havent replied back to me yet as to what really the problem may be.

Thirdly, I was sent a letter to confirm the reciept of the application with a reference number. It says exactly what they say to me over the phone. "If there is any problem with the validity of your application or payment we will right to you as soon as possible."

May be right now I can just wait and see as recommended by CASA and no point paying in again.

If anybody else has similar problem please post as it will reassure me that I am not the only one, and it may be a delay in general.

Another Reason to WORRY is:

What if they let me know at a later date that the payment didn't go through, Can I still send in a cheque to continue the process or will I need to reapply???
Anwar

Casa has given you good advice so wait and see home office confirmed your payments.

Good luck

tothetop76
Newly Registered

Post by tothetop76 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:45 am

I also have the same problem.....6 weeks ago i sent my application to HO using my debit card to make the payment...Couple of days later,got a letter from my bank saying the payment was stopped...(suspected FRAUD!!)

I was then adviced on this forum to send a cheque or postal order for the payment...which i did with a cheque,with a letter from the bank!.....NOTHING HAS HAPPENED YET!....No money has been taken yet for almost 7 weeks now.

I am now told to find out what thier FAX number is,so that i will fax them to request for a withdrawal of my application,so that i can re-apply....i've got just 2 months left on the visa.

So pls.....IF ANYBODY HAS GOT HO's FAX NUMBER TO REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATION,KINDLY GIVE IT TO ME!!!....Thanks

So worried about stories i hear of what HO can do to hold on to your application until your visa expires!

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:53 am

tothetop76 wrote:I also have the same problem.....6 weeks ago i sent my application to HO using my debit card to make the payment...Couple of days later,got a letter from my bank saying the payment was stopped...(suspected FRAUD!!)

I was then adviced on this forum to send a cheque or postal order for the payment...which i did with a cheque,with a letter from the bank!.....NOTHING HAS HAPPENED YET!....No money has been taken yet for almost 7 weeks now.

I am now told to find out what thier FAX number is,so that i will fax them to request for a withdrawal of my application,so that i can re-apply....i've got just 2 months left on the visa.

So pls.....IF ANYBODY HAS GOT HO's FAX NUMBER TO REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATION,KINDLY GIVE IT TO ME!!!....Thanks

So worried about stories i hear of what HO can do to hold on to your application until your visa expires!

Do you have their acknowledgment letter?If yes then you would see your case worker ref no. and fax number.

I always recommend never apply through debit or credit cards..Good solicitors would always recommend postal order or cheque.

Have you rung them what are they saying?

tothetop76
Newly Registered

Post by tothetop76 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks Lynnuk....Yes i was sent a letter,but on the letter is only says OUR REF....but no FAX number!

I have called them many times,and when i get through,the always say i have to wait until i hear from them....but for how long?!!!!
I even called yesterday,but was told they were on strike and should call back or wait fot their reply...

I am just very scared and dont know what to do,but to get the fax number and request to withdraw the application before time runs out!!

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 am

tothetop76 wrote:Thanks Lynnuk....Yes i was sent a letter,but on the letter is only says OUR REF....but no FAX number!

I have called them many times,and when i get through,the always say i have to wait until i hear from them....but for how long?!!!!
I even called yesterday,but was told they were on strike and should call back or wait fot their reply...

I am just very scared and dont know what to do,but to get the fax number and request to withdraw the application before time runs out!!
You should be scared and dont take it easy as this can have worst consequence.

Also write a letter to case worker written on acknowledgment letter.

I would look for fax number for you.Do you know email address?

Which area you have applied?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:20 pm

That's cheered the OP up then. :roll:

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Casa wrote:That's cheered the OP up then. :roll:
Thanks for nice comment.

Anwar16
Newly Registered

Post by Anwar16 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks Lynn, and Casa..

I contacted the Credit card people and they have confirmed that there was no attempt to withdraw money and therefore, I am going to hold on and wait.

TO Top,

The minimum you need to wait before they can chase up the payment and your application is 14 weeks, do not even wait a second once the 14 weeks are up, call them next minute.

The banks normally keep a record of any incorrect CVV or card numbers entered by third party to withdraw money. The withdrawal attempt by HO will be classed as Business Transaction under bank system.

In my case, my credit card company knows that there will be a big payment going out in near future.

Any furthere information from any body will be highly appreciated.

thanks

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Anwar16 wrote:Thanks Lynn, and Casa..

I contacted the Credit card people and they have confirmed that there was no attempt to withdraw money and therefore, I am going to hold on and wait.

TO Top,

The minimum you need to wait before they can chase up the payment and your application is 14 weeks, do not even wait a second once the 14 weeks are up, call them next minute.

The banks normally keep a record of any incorrect CVV or card numbers entered by third party to withdraw money. The withdrawal attempt by HO will be classed as Business Transaction under bank system.

In my case, my credit card company knows that there will be a big payment going out in near future.

Any furthere information from any body will be highly appreciated.

thanks
@Anwar

Here are contact details for PBS....

If you need your passport or other documents urgently, please phone us on 0870 606 7766. If we return your passport for travel before we have decided your application, the application will be considered as withdrawn.

The email address below is for applicants who are already in the UK and require general information about the requirements of the Immigration Rules or the points-based system. For data protection reasons, we cannot answer questions about individual cases via email.

Phone: 0870 606 7766

Textphone: 0800 389 8289

Email: UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Address: UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY

Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 16:45. Friday 09:00 to 16:30 (excluding public holidays).

If you send an email and let see what they reply.
Must include your details like name,D.O.B, PBS ref no Application date and ref ect.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:53 am

Unfortunately not likely to be much to report from email reply as it states:

'The email address below is for applicants who are already in the UK and require general information about the requirements of the Immigration Rules or the points-based system. For data protection reasons, we cannot answer questions about individual cases via email.'

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:33 am

Casa wrote:Unfortunately not likely to be much to report from email reply as it states:

'The email address below is for applicants who are already in the UK and require general information about the requirements of the Immigration Rules or the points-based system. For data protection reasons, we cannot answer questions about individual cases via email.'
@CASA Many people are getting reply via email.This gentleman only need information how to withdraw application or sort payments.

What harm in trying? If he got answer great if no then other solution.

You would lot of people on this forum are getting reply of emails.

Well my little view.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:34 am

How would you know..you've only just joined the forum. :wink:

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:52 am

Casa wrote:How would you know..you've only just joined the forum. :wink:
I have read some topics in two days like pakistan spouse visas ,pakistan appeals ect.

Have your read yet?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 pm

Pakistan spouse visas and Pakistan appeals are not relevant to this case.