ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for ILR based on 10 years legal residency in uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xs2aamir
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR based on 10 years legal residency in uk

Post by xs2aamir » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Please can you help in advising if i am eligible for ILR based on 10 years lawful residency in UK based on following visa status.

7 years as student
2 1/2 years on work permit
1/2 year on Tier 1

somebody told me that you have to be on one visa status to be eligible.

thanks and best regards
:?:

Anwar16
Newly Registered

Post by Anwar16 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Incorrect information was provided to you.

As far as I know, you are eligible for ILR if you have lived in UK lawfully for 10 year and unlawfully for 14 years. with no more that 500 days spent outside UK collectively.
Knowledge from following:

Chapter 18- Long Recidency Chapter

Thanks.

foxy

Post by foxy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:42 am

As long as your stay is legal and you follow all the rules, all visa types count, even visitor visas.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:06 pm

admin need your help for this guy please, anyway as for as i know, 10 years legal stay is counted, doesnt matter what visa u were in, like, student,work permit, tier 1, visit visa , but should have been in UK 10 years and not more than 6 months out of uk at a stretch and not more than 18 months in 10 years. hope this information will help you.