ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paying Parking fine. Is this an Criminal Offense

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

devendranadh.b

Paying Parking fine. Is this an Criminal Offense

Post by devendranadh.b » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:18 am

Hi,

I paid parking fine twice. Is this treated as a criminal offence? Should I mention 'Yes' in the application form or not?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dev

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Paying Parking fine. Is this an Criminal Offense

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:23 am

devendranadh.b wrote:Hi,

I paid parking fine twice. Is this treated as a criminal offence? Should I mention 'Yes' in the application form or not?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dev
No it is not a criminal offense

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:24 am

Thank you Aruni for the quick reply. I am a bit relieved.

Best Regards
Dev

Saga

Post by Saga » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:32 am

Is paying rail ticket fine (for not having one! ) a criminal offense ?

kju

Post by kju » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:50 am

what about drinking and driving? i lost my driving license when i was 18... that's 11 years ago.. :-/

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:54 am

kju wrote:what about drinking and driving? i lost my driving license when i was 18... that's 11 years ago.. :-/
Yes it is.

The following offences and maximum penalities are correct at the time of publication. For further details visit the Highway Code site.

Causing death by careless driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs - maximum penalty is 10 years imprisonment and a disqualification of at least 2 years.

Driving or attempting to drive whilst above the legal limit or unfit through drink - maximum penalty is 6 months imprisonment plus a fine of £5,000 and a disqualification of at least 12 months (3 years automatic ban if convicted twice in 10 years).

In charge of a vehicle whilst above the legal limit or unfit through drink - maximum penalty of 3 months imprisonment plus a fine of £2,500 and a disqualification.

Refusing to provide a specimen - maximum penalty 6 months imprisonment, plus a fine of £5,000 and a disqualification of at least 12 months.

Other consequences of being convicted of drink driving:

you'll have a criminal record
you will possibly lose your livelihood
your insurance costs will increase
you will have extreme difficulty in hiring a car for around 10 years
the loss of personal transport and increased travel expenses
living with the knowledge that you irresponsibility has caused death, injury or severe distress

kju

Post by kju » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:10 am

aruni4470 wrote:
kju wrote:what about drinking and driving? i lost my driving license when i was 18... that's 11 years ago.. :-/
Yes it is.

The following offences and maximum penalities are correct at the time of publication. For further details visit the Highway Code site.

Causing death by careless driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs - maximum penalty is 10 years imprisonment and a disqualification of at least 2 years.

Driving or attempting to drive whilst above the legal limit or unfit through drink - maximum penalty is 6 months imprisonment plus a fine of £5,000 and a disqualification of at least 12 months (3 years automatic ban if convicted twice in 10 years).

In charge of a vehicle whilst above the legal limit or unfit through drink - maximum penalty of 3 months imprisonment plus a fine of £2,500 and a disqualification.

Refusing to provide a specimen - maximum penalty 6 months imprisonment, plus a fine of £5,000 and a disqualification of at least 12 months.

living with the knowledge that you irresponsibility has caused death, injury or severe distress
it was in Croatia, not sure what the law was then, but they took my driving license during 3 months, and i had to pay around 100 EUR fine.. that's it. it was a long time ago.... :-/

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 pm

kju wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
Yes it is.

it was in Croatia, not sure what the law was then, but they took my driving license during 3 months, and i had to pay around 100 EUR fine.. that's it. it was a long time ago.... :-/

CHECK it may be time barred

kju

Post by kju » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:CHECK it may be time barred
what do you mean?

i called the police and they said its not 'in records'... in croatia we have prekrsaj=offence and kazna=penalty.. the latter one goes to court and gets into your criminal records (goes to Criminal Court).. the first one you just pay the fee and that's it (goes to Magistrates Court).... and in year 1999 that's the way it was with drinking/driving

...tonight i'm gonna party like its 19-9-9
:)

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:42 pm

kju wrote:
what do you mean?

i called the police and they said its not 'in records'... in croatia we have prekrsaj=offence and kazna=penalty.. the latter one goes to court and gets into your criminal records (goes to Criminal Court).. the first one you just pay the fee and that's it (goes to Magistrates Court).... and in year 1999 that's the way it was with drinking/driving

no drink driving again

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:55 pm

kju wrote:
what do you mean?

still, i personally think you should disclose it in your application. Its highly unlikely you will be punished because you "rehabilitated" i.e paid fines and penalty etc etc.

If HO somehow trace this "criminal record" then you could be refused on the basis of hiding material facts or even lying on the application form.

but if i were you, i would not worry about mentioning it in the application because it will not have any effect on app outcome since it was so long ago.
regards

Saga

Post by Saga » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:12 pm

So railway fines are ok !? :)

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Saga wrote:
So railway fines are ok !? :)

IF SORTED out before going jail than fine