ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 8 query - Mother maiden surname in Birth Certificate?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrisjohn123
Newly Registered

Form 8 query - Mother maiden surname in Birth Certificate?

Post by chrisjohn123 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:02 pm

In one of the posts, I saw it mentioned that your bith certificate should have your monther's maiden surname (if it was different / changed). Anyone had that queried by INIS?

Bit concerned as my birth certificate doen't have my mother's maiden surname!

or Am I getting too paranoid!

Thanks

TRV

Post by TRV » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:24 pm

get a new one and send it. mine was returned because of that, delayed my application probably a coupl of weeks.

TRV

Post by TRV » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:25 pm

get a new birth affidavit i mean..

chrisjohn123
Newly Registered

Post by chrisjohn123 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks for the reply. Any solicitor in Ireland can get us that affidevit, can't they!

TRV

Post by TRV » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:22 am

affidavit template on INIS webpage, fill it in and get any lawyer in ireland to sign and stamp it for you. You have to sign in front of him, take your passport with you for him to check (he may o may not). you can also do this with notary public. cost anywhere between 10 and 50 euro or may be free if you know the lawyer (may be if you have a mortage, you have your own lawyer, right?)

Deception-shy

Re: Form 8 query - Mother maiden surname in Birth Certificat

Post by Deception-shy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:12 pm

chrisjohn123 wrote:In one of the posts, I saw it mentioned that your bith certificate should have your monther's maiden surname (if it was different / changed). Anyone had that queried by INIS?

Bit concerned as my birth certificate doen't have my mother's maiden surname!

or Am I getting too paranoid!

Thanks
Hi There,

Dont worry about that, all you need to do is to take the long form Marriage and Birth certs and fill them with your mother's maiden sirname wherever its required. These mistakes are very common in naturalization process.

Any solicitor would be able to do that job, they charge around 10 euro for each signature, better approach a solicitor who is close to your place, either way it wont make any difference.

Dont get paranoid, Good Luck mate :)