ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

quick question regarding work permit

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shy_sandeep
Newly Registered

quick question regarding work permit

Post by shy_sandeep » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi,

I'm on student visa expiring Jan 31st 2011. My course officially ends on 30th Sept (means i have 4mnth extension). Will have to wait till Dec until i get my degree in hand before applying Post study work.

Meanwhile, am i eligible to work full-time during sept to jan ?
I'm confused coz this duration doesn't even come under term time(20hrs part) or holidays (fulltime).

IT

Thanks,
Sandeep

hajidel
Newly Registered

UK Tier 4 (Student) visas

Post by hajidel » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi yes of course you can work as much as you like during that time because its out of term time and you've already completed your studies. I would personally advise you to look for jobs that relate to your study area as it will help you more when looking for full-time employment after you have received the PSW visa.

Tim555

Re: quick question regarding work permit

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:40 am

shy_sandeep wrote:Hi,

I'm on student visa expiring Jan 31st 2011. My course officially ends on 30th Sept (means i have 4mnth extension). Will have to wait till Dec until i get my degree in hand before applying Post study work.

I'm confused coz this duration doesn't even come under term time(20hrs part) or holidays (fulltime).

IT

Thanks,
Sandeep
Yes you can work full time on that period of time.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

NikKol
Newly Registered

Re: quick question regarding work permit

Post by NikKol » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Tim555 wrote:
shy_sandeep wrote:Hi,

IT

Thanks,
Sandeep
Yes you can work full time on that period of time.

I am in a similar situation but there is a question whether I can travel outside the UK during that period?
I am working full time, my ties 4 expires Nov 2011, degree is expected in July hence can apply for PSW only after that.
There are some business trips are coming up and I need to travel outside the UK. I have read here that immigration officer can refuse entry at the boarder because my circumstances have changed (no longer a student).

So the question is whether I am allowed to travel freely and if yes, what shall I say at the boarder: that I work; going to apply for psw; going to the graduation ceremony?

Please help.