ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP JR backdated to apply for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Steve76
Newly Registered

HSMP JR backdated to apply for citizenship

Post by Steve76 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:52 pm

Hi all,

My wife, daughter and I recieved our ILR today at the Croydon PEO under the HSMP Judicial review. My extension of my HSMP was more than one year ago so my understanding is that I can apply for citizenship straight away. I noticed that the stamp in my passport has todays date and not the backdated date. When I apply for citizenship, will they be aware on their system that the ILR is backdated more than a year ago?

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:52 pm

As to my understanding you have to have a letter indicating you have the back dated ILR as you have to be free from immigration control for 12 months before applying for naturalisation unless your passport indicate that your ILR is 12 months ago but it seems you do not have that. I am also trying to get a back datted letter from home office. May be possible as per this forum. Wait for others comments too.

Steve76
Newly Registered

Post by Steve76 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Thanks for that. Do you know which office to contact in order to get this letter? Is it the same one that handles the refunds for HSMP judicial review?

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:05 am

You would have received a letter with your ILR. Most probably you have to write to the same case worker who handled your ILR.

hyper_kid
Newly Registered

Post by hyper_kid » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Hello,

Just got my ILR (HSMP JR) on a premium appointment at Croydon as well, was given a letter confirming they will send me a cheque. But not mentioning of the backdated letter for Citizenship purposes.

Would you please confirm how long it took for you to receive:

The letter backdated for Citizenship application purpose?

And

The cheque?

brijkalani
Newly Registered

Post by brijkalani » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 am

any luck with the back-dated letter??!!

hyper_kid
Newly Registered

Post by hyper_kid » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi there, yes! In fact, just got a few days back! But not leaving it to chance, I sent a cordial letter to the caseworker that dealt with my in-person application (right after posting my above question) asking for the letter, pointing out why I thought I should have received it, and finally asking for her to let me know which piece of law my case was classified as in case she thought I was to receive this back-dated letter!
And a week or so letter I got the back-dated letter on the post but from a different caseworker in Sheffield (I did my in-person application to ILR in Croydon).

While waiting for this letter, I also took the UK Life Test successfully, so I am ready to go! Already booked the NCS for this Tuesday! Doing all my paper work today and hopefully all will continue to go well.... I will keep you guys posted!

Another point pending however, is the cheque which is yet to arrive... Both on the application day and on this ILR backdated letter, HO confirms they will be sending such cheque on the post, but has yet to arrive.

But the most important part for me is having this letter, the rest I can patiently wait!!

Good lucky for all of you!!