ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No certificate yet / Letter from Uni

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jonzy
Newly Registered

No certificate yet / Letter from Uni

Post by jonzy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:41 am

My certificate of award has not been issued yet. However the Uni issued a letter to me for PSW visa purposes.

The letter states :
My course level/title, start/finish date, date of award, date of graduation, awarding body

It then states that All successful candidates will be issued with a certificate after graduation.

Is this letter sufficient?

Thanks.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:10 am

i personally will not be happy with that. as it will create doubt in case worker's mind. but then again i dont have first hand experience of seeing letter from uni for psw purposes, when degree is not issued yet...... so other members might give you more helpful answer. wait and see.

regards

bluenoser
Newly Registered

Post by bluenoser » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:38 am

I applied for my PSW with a letter from the University for the same reason and I was successful. I finished my masters at the end of September and my graduation ceremony was not until the middle of January (and given that my student visa was going to expire at the end of January, I clearly wanted to apply before then).

I think mine stated all of the same information on it that yours did. It was important to check the date the degree was awarded, since my degree was conferred in November, but the ceremony was not until January (ie, the 12 months you have to apply for your PSW is from the date the degree is conferred, not the ceremony date).

The guidelines and the application form state that it is okay to use a letter from the University, if you have not been awarded your original degree certificate at the time of application.

Good luck!

jonzy
Newly Registered

Post by jonzy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:44 am

arsenal49 wrote:i personally will not be happy with that. as it will create doubt in case worker's mind. but then again i dont have first hand experience of seeing letter from uni for psw purposes, when degree is not issued yet...... so other members might give you more helpful answer. wait and see.

regards
Thanks I'll wait for more replies.
bluenoser wrote:I applied for my PSW with a letter from the University for the same reason and I was successful. I finished my masters at the end of September and my graduation ceremony was not until the middle of January (and given that my student visa was going to expire at the end of January, I clearly wanted to apply before then).

I think mine stated all of the same information on it that yours did. It was important to check the date the degree was awarded, since my degree was conferred in November, but the ceremony was not until January (ie, the 12 months you have to apply for your PSW is from the date the degree is conferred, not the ceremony date).

The guidelines and the application form state that it is okay to use a letter from the University, if you have not been awarded your original degree certificate at the time of application.

Good luck!
Thank you for the reply! I created this thread because I was worried the letter did not explicitly state the certificate of the award has not yet been issued.

The month of award is this month (March) while the graduation will be this July.