ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

studying part time as an international student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tonny
Newly Registered

studying part time as an international student

Post by tonny » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:50 am

Are international student allowed to study part time while doing a dissertation? One of my mate is applying to extend his visa by the end of 31/03/2010 but is worried if home office will renew his visa.

His taking his dissertation which is over 6 months long and he won't be attending classes but meeting with his supervisor regularly..
The college has issued the CAS but it states 0 hours per week of study and it also states student will be studying part-time day release..

Thanks and i hope some one can help with some advise.

Tim555

Re: studying part time as an international student

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:35 am

tonny wrote:Are international student allowed to study part time while doing a dissertation? One of my mate is applying to extend his visa by the end of 31/03/2010 but is worried if home office will renew his visa.

His taking his dissertation which is over 6 months long and he won't be attending classes but meeting with his supervisor regularly..
The college has issued the CAS but it states 0 hours per week of study and it also states student will be studying part-time day release..

Thanks and i hope some one can help with some advise.
Not sure about dissertation but normally international student must attend the full time classes/courses. This is Home Office condition ( immigration rules ). They have to attend full time courses to remain students.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.