ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some Guidance Please

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Some Guidance Please

Post by SBT_Owner » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:15 am

I am looking for some info please to help guide a friend . He wishes to study in the UK , his details are as follows ..

He is 19 years old (no wife or children) . He is in India and is studying a Bachelor of Commerce . He wishes to study in London and is looking to do a MBA in Finance .

1st off , from hearing horror stories of innocent students being taken advantage of by bogus colleges , could someone please post the link to the colleges list .

What does he need to do to get his visa ? Does he need certain funds ? Please guide me through what exactly is needed .

Can anyone suggest a good London college for him to study at ?

Many thanks to anyone that can offer guidance 8)
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

Tim555

Re: Some Guidance Please

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:30 am

SBT_Owner wrote:He is 19 years old (no wife or children) . He is in India and is studying a Bachelor of Commerce . He wishes to study in London and is looking to do a MBA in Finance .
If he is doing B.Com than I guess he should go for AccA. If he is interested in MBA thats fine but job opportunity ( uk job market ) will be a problem. AccA has wide scope of jobs.
SBT_Owner wrote:1st off , from hearing horror stories of innocent students being taken advantage of by bogus colleges , could someone please post the link to the colleges list .
True there are lots of bogus colleges. You need to check the Home Office registered colleges list. For AccA and MBA I suggest FTC and London college of Accountancy are very good and based in London.
SBT_Owner wrote:What does he need to do to get his visa ? Does he need certain funds ? Please guide me through what exactly is needed .
First he should select the course than contact to college/uni for admission, pay fees and get acceptance or enrollment letter than satisfy British High Commission's ( in India ) requirement for student visa. Funds depands on courses.
SBT_Owner wrote:Can anyone suggest a good London college for him to study at ?
FTC or London College of Accountancy.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks so much for the help Tim 8) :D :D

You are a gentleman 8)
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:12 am

SBT_Owner wrote:Thanks so much for the help Tim 8) :D :D

You are a gentleman 8)
You are welcome mate :P
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.