ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Tier 1 (Post April 6th) - Queries on previous Earning

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robinkurian
Newly Registered

New Tier 1 (Post April 6th) - Queries on previous Earning

Post by robinkurian » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi all,

Its a great to hear about changes to the tier 1 rules and removal of Masters criteria for the same. I would like to apply soon and had some queries on the previous earnings.

In the past one year, i worked for 6 months in UK (my employer paid me an allowance in UK) and I was in India for the rest of six months (earned in Rs).

1. For my previous earnings, can i show UK salary (received as allowance) together with my indian salary with a multiplier of 5.3 as my total earnings in the last one year? I believe I would be eligible if the sum exceeds 40K pounds.
2. Is the net salary or the gross salary (without tax deductions) considered
3. For the six months of my stay in UK, i have received below 25000 pounds, but if I was there for a year, i would have earned over 25000. Can I claim UK experience earnings (5 points) in this case?

Thanks in advance.

vks

Re: New Tier 1 (Post April 6th) - Queries on previous Earnin

Post by vks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:30 pm

robinkurian wrote:Hi all,

Its a great to hear about changes to the tier 1 rules and removal of Masters criteria for the same. I would like to apply soon and had some queries on the previous earnings.

In the past one year, i worked for 6 months in UK (my employer paid me an allowance in UK) and I was in India for the rest of six months (earned in Rs).

1. For my previous earnings, can i show UK salary (received as allowance) together with my indian salary with a multiplier of 5.3 as my total earnings in the last one year? I believe I would be eligible if the sum exceeds 40K pounds.

When you worked in UK, for the 6 months, you can claim the UK allowance + Indian salary without upliftment ratio, as per guidelines

2. Is the net salary or the gross salary (without tax deductions) considered

Gross salary

3. For the six months of my stay in UK, i have received below 25000 pounds, but if I was there for a year, i would have earned over 25000. Can I claim UK experience earnings (5 points) in this case?

You can't! If you are claiming for the entire 12 months, then you are eligible

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
vks

robinkurian
Newly Registered

Post by robinkurian » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:54 am

Thanks vks for your reply.

just to make it clear :

for period in india : Submit salary with multiplier of 5.3
for period in UK : Submit salary in pounds without multiplier + submit salary in INR with multiplier

sum of all the above three components can be shown as the previous earnings.
Thanks in advance
Robin

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:34 am

robinkurian wrote:Thanks vks for your reply.

just to make it clear :

for period in UK : Submit salary in pounds without multiplier + submit salary in INR with multiplier I think he meant without multiplier

Thanks in advance
Robin
Goodluck.

vks

Post by vks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:25 am

[iD] wrote:
robinkurian wrote:Thanks vks for your reply.

just to make it clear :

for period in UK : Submit salary in pounds without multiplier + submit salary in INR with multiplier I think he meant without multiplier

Thanks in advance
Robin
Thanks [iD]
Regards,
vks

robinkurian
Newly Registered

Post by robinkurian » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:43 am

What would be the conversion rate applied ? would that be changing daily?

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:49 am

robinkurian wrote:What would be the conversion rate applied ? would that be changing daily?
Changes daily. UKBA uses the OANDA website as the standard for currency conversion.