ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name issue - Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T1G_Aspire
Newly Registered

Name issue - Please help

Post by T1G_Aspire » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi,
This is with regard to my issue on names.

I have my name Karthik.S in my degree certificate.
In one of my bank statement (for funds), i have the name as Karthik (alone).
In my other bank statement (for earnings), i have the name as Karthik Srinivasan.
In 4 of my company payslips - i have Srinivasan, Karthik and in the remaining ones, I have Karthik Srinivasan.

I did searched the forum and see that some old threads say that it is fine without any explanations and some say i should get an affidavit from a notary..!

Please advice me on this. If i should indeed get an affidavit, (I'm from chennai), who should i contact (pls bear my ignorance here)? (should i go to chennai high court and get the letter (stating that all names are mine) signed by the first lawyer i see in the court campus?

Please advice. Thanks

vks

Re: Name issue - Please help

Post by vks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:21 pm

T1G_Aspire wrote:Hi,
This is with regard to my issue on names.

I have my name Karthik.S in my degree certificate.
In one of my bank statement (for funds), i have the name as Karthik (alone).
In my other bank statement (for earnings), i have the name as Karthik Srinivasan.
In 4 of my company payslips - i have Srinivasan, Karthik and in the remaining ones, I have Karthik Srinivasan.

I did searched the forum and see that some old threads say that it is fine without any explanations and some say i should get an affidavit from a notary..!

Please advice me on this. If i should indeed get an affidavit, (I'm from chennai), who should i contact (pls bear my ignorance here)? (should i go to chennai high court and get the letter (stating that all names are mine) signed by the first lawyer i see in the court campus?

Please advice. Thanks
This is a known issue for people from the location you come from! This should be fine without an affidavit.

For example:

In UK, your full name will be displayed on your salary slip, but the bank statement would your initial with last name. People recognize it.

In case, if you still feel un-safe, get an affidavit from a Notary.
Regards,
vks

PRadeep Itnal

Post by PRadeep Itnal » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:24 am

hi
Even i had the same problem to be on safer side i did get the Affidavit on a bond paper. Make list of all the Names, you are producing infront og visa officer and get an affidavit.

T1G_Aspire
Newly Registered

Post by T1G_Aspire » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:22 am

Thanks PRadeep, vks.

Is the mentioned, a good format to get signed by a notary public (on Rs20 bond paper)?.

I, Karthik Srinivasan, Son of Sh. P Srinivasan, Resident of XXXXX Chennai, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath as under :-

 That my name in my university degree certificate is mentioned as ‘Karthik.S’
 That in the passport, my name is mentioned as 'Karthik’ (as given name) and ‘Srinivasan’ (as surname)
 That in my ICICI bank statements (to show Maintenance of Funds), my name is mentioned as 'Karthik'
 That in my birth certificate my name is mentioned as 'Srinivasan Karthik @ Karthi'.

 That I am the same person with the above said names and in future I would like to use my name as 'Karthik Srinivasan'.

 That the above statements are true and correct.

Name of Declarant :
Signature of Declarant :

I do hereby affirm that I have read and verified the original documents mentioned above along with his passport. I confirm that all the aforementioned names belong to the same person.

Name of Notary Public :
Date : 1/4/2010 Signature :

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 am

T1G_Aspire wrote:Thanks PRadeep, vks.

Is the mentioned, a good format to get signed by a notary public (on Rs20 bond paper)?.

I, Karthik Srinivasan, Son of Sh. P Srinivasan, Resident of XXXXX Chennai, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath as under :-

 That my name in my university degree certificate is mentioned as ‘Karthik.S’
 That in the passport, my name is mentioned as 'Karthik’ (as given name) and ‘Srinivasan’ (as surname)
 That in my ICICI bank statements (to show Maintenance of Funds), my name is mentioned as 'Karthik'

IMO, You can avoid being too specific in this point. You can put words like "in some of the official Bank statements Or in official documnets", i.e. you can just make the affidavit look more into generalised format and you can use it in future too. Good luck!
[ That in my birth certificate my name is mentioned as 'Srinivasan Karthik @ Karthi'.

 That I am the same person with the above said names and in future I would like to use my name as 'Karthik Srinivasan'.

 That the above statements are true and correct.

Name of Declarant :
Signature of Declarant :

I do hereby affirm that I have read and verified the original documents mentioned above along with his passport. I confirm that all the aforementioned names belong to the same person.

Name of Notary Public :
Date : 1/4/2010 Signature :
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

T1G_Aspire
Newly Registered

Post by T1G_Aspire » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:08 pm

Thanks Dima. I hope the rest of the format is fine.