ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK Test

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Life in UK Test

Post by Sky_High » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Everyone

Does test centres have set times when they start the test or you can go and sit in the test at any time on your appointment day?

The reason I am asking this question is that My wife and I work from Monday to Friday so we are thinking to book the test on Saturday. The problem is that our local child care centre closes on Saturday and we are not willing to Trust any new centre for our 1 year old child. So the plan is that we both will get appointment on any Saturday. First my wife will sit in the test and I will do baby sitting in our car and when she comes back than I will go and do the test. Is it possible? I hope that completing test will not take longer than 15 minutes?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Firstly, you should allow longer than 15 minutes! You'll each need to register before the test and then you are given a brief practice on the system before the test begins. The you have to wait for your (hopefully) pass certificate to be issued.
You will only be able to sit the test for your allotted time slot so you should both book separate appointments, which may be 30 -45 minutes apart. Check with your chosen test centre.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Further to what Casa says, they won't let you leave the centre until everyone has finished the test. It isn't until everyone has finished that they print off the results and you most certainly can't leave until you have those.

That was my experience in November last year. I had to arrive 30 minutes early to register, receive instructions and sit the practice test. Whilst I finished the test itself within 15 minutes I wasn't able to leave until an hour later. That hour entailed everyone finishing the test and our results being prepared. I would say it took 90 minutes of my time, most certainly at the centre I sat my test in (Lewisham).

As Casa advised, phone the centre for clarification of times etc. My experience of the KOL test wasn't a good one (it ended with the centre manager taking exception to me politely asking him to treat us all with respect). The protocol in each test centre could vary.