ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions: Tier-1 (G) dependent for Wife

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sppc42
Newly Registered

Some questions: Tier-1 (G) dependent for Wife

Post by sppc42 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:39 am

Hi all,

I got my Tier-1 (G) more than a year ago, but could not move to UK due to recession impact there. Last week I finally got to travel there and got a job offer, so am planning to move there. However, I got married in the meantime, so I need to apply for the Tier-1 (G) Dependent visa for my wife.

Here are the documents that I've gathered till now that I'll be submitting:
Dependent Checklist
-------------------
1. My Wife's Passport
2. Her two photos - 45x35
3. Cover Letter
4. Fees - Rs.50,650/- DD in favor of: British Deputy High Commission, payable at Chennai
5. VAF10 form
6. My 6 months statement, IR returns 3 years, 6 months payslip : as I am her sponsor
7. My Contract of employment
8. Proof of Relationship: Marriage Certificate, Marriage Photos, Wedding Card
9. My passport + Visa photocopy
10. Accomodation Proof

Questions
1. Is there a template cover-letter available for dependent visa that I can refer to?

2. In my contract of employment - does it needs to have specific joining date from the company?

3. As I am my wife's sponsor, am submitting my bank etc details for the maintenance funds. However, I have a fixed deposit account that I have been maintaining since a year or so. It has only 1 transaction that I made while opening the FD account and has not changed since then. Can such an account with only 1 deposit transaction cause any problems? Should not, I guess.

4. VAF-10: has fields like is my wife accompyning me or not. Am still not sure on this, as I'll be applying for her visa in a week or so, but I need to join the new job urgently in a month.

5. Accomodation: am booking a hotel that I'll be providing as a proof, since I haven't relocated for good as of yet and finding a house etc there will take some time.

6. I remember that at my application time for Tier-1, I had to submit all my educational certificates, but these are not being asked for a dependent. Is that fine? or am I missing out something.

7. As rules are chaning on 6th April, is there some caveat that can affect the dependent's application

8. Finally, what is the average time I can expect for the processing for her application. I'll be applying from Hyderabad.

Really appreciate any inputs in here, also any other info/tips that I should look out for.

Thanks

vks

Re: Some questions: Tier-1 (G) dependent for Wife

Post by vks » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:26 pm

sppc42 wrote:Hi all,

I got my Tier-1 (G) more than a year ago, but could not move to UK due to recession impact there. Last week I finally got to travel there and got a job offer, so am planning to move there. However, I got married in the meantime, so I need to apply for the Tier-1 (G) Dependent visa for my wife.

Here are the documents that I've gathered till now that I'll be submitting:
Dependent Checklist
-------------------
1. My Wife's Passport
2. Her two photos - 45x35
3. Cover Letter
4. Fees - Rs.50,650/- DD in favor of: British Deputy High Commission, payable at Chennai
5. VAF10 form
6. My 6 months statement, IR returns 3 years, 6 months payslip : as I am her sponsor
7. My Contract of employment
8. Proof of Relationship: Marriage Certificate, Marriage Photos, Wedding Card
9. My passport + Visa photocopy
10. Accomodation Proof

Questions
1. Is there a template cover-letter available for dependent visa that I can refer to?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

2. In my contract of employment - does it needs to have specific joining date from the company?

This is not required!

3. As I am my wife's sponsor, am submitting my bank etc details for the maintenance funds. However, I have a fixed deposit account that I have been maintaining since a year or so. It has only 1 transaction that I made while opening the FD account and has not changed since then. Can such an account with only 1 deposit transaction cause any problems? Should not, I guess.

Fixed deposits may be considered. But all those who succeeded in the past using FD is that they have got a letter from the Bank stating that the money can be liquidated as and when required. So the letter should specify that you can withdraw the money any time.

4. VAF-10: has fields like is my wife accompyning me or not. Am still not sure on this, as I'll be applying for her visa in a week or so, but I need to join the new job urgently in a month.

5. Accomodation: am booking a hotel that I'll be providing as a proof, since I haven't relocated for good as of yet and finding a house etc there will take some time.

6. I remember that at my application time for Tier-1, I had to submit all my educational certificates, but these are not being asked for a dependent. Is that fine? or am I missing out something.

7. As rules are chaning on 6th April, is there some caveat that can affect the dependent's application

The Fees

8. Finally, what is the average time I can expect for the processing for her application. I'll be applying from Hyderabad.

Look the VFS website for more info!

Really appreciate any inputs in here, also any other info/tips that I should look out for.

Thanks
Regards,
vks

sppc42
Newly Registered

Post by sppc42 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 am

Thanks Vks for the quick reply.

Couple of more followup questions.
1. Contract of Employment: you mentioned that it is not required. But I talked to the VFS folks on phone and they said that it is better to have it in the application. What do you think?

2. As I am her sponsor, I need to submit my IT returns etc. Does my wife also need to submit her IT returns and salary slips?

3. They are also asking for an accomodation proof. I guess booking a hotel online and showing its recipt should suffice?

Thanks

vks

Post by vks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:58 pm

sppc42 wrote:Thanks Vks for the quick reply.

Couple of more followup questions.
1. Contract of Employment: you mentioned that it is not required. But I talked to the VFS folks on phone and they said that it is better to have it in the application. What do you think?

No harm, do it as the VFS says.

2. As I am her sponsor, I need to submit my IT returns etc. Does my wife also need to submit her IT returns and salary slips?

No

3. They are also asking for an accomodation proof. I guess booking a hotel online and showing its recipt should suffice?

Should suffice!

Thanks
Regards,
vks

jasb1327
BANNED

Re: Some questions: Tier-1 (G) dependent for Wife

Post by jasb1327 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:58 pm

[quote="sppc42"]Hi all,

Hi !! did ur wife get her dependant visa then using only fixed deposit account?