ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Allowances question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ozgrant

Allowances question

Post by ozgrant » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Just reading current Tier 1 guidance relating to the inclusion of allowances in previous earnings. I receive a monthly allowance of £x for medical. This is taxable, and is included on my payslip as "Allowance".

I also undertake regular after hours shifts on call, and receive what my employer has called a "Shift Allowance" on my payslip. The medical allowance is mentioned in my employment contract, but the on call payments are not specifically mentioned. Can I include them in my previous earnings? Should I get a letter from my employer stating the nature of the "Shift Allowance"?

Do you need to submit your employment contract to prove any of this?

Thanks in advance... I'm starting to get a bit nervous and want to make sure I have everything in perfect order before I turn up for my appointment.

ozgrant

Re: Allowances question

Post by ozgrant » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:19 am

Anyone have any opinions on this? Thanks in advance.

vks

Re: Allowances question

Post by vks » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:56 am

ozgrant wrote:Just reading current Tier 1 guidance relating to the inclusion of allowances in previous earnings. I receive a monthly allowance of £x for medical. This is taxable, and is included on my payslip as "Allowance".

I also undertake regular after hours shifts on call, and receive what my employer has called a "Shift Allowance" on my payslip. The medical allowance is mentioned in my employment contract, but the on call payments are not specifically mentioned. Can I include them in my previous earnings? Should I get a letter from my employer stating the nature of the "Shift Allowance"?

Do you need to submit your employment contract to prove any of this?

Thanks in advance... I'm starting to get a bit nervous and want to make sure I have everything in perfect order before I turn up for my appointment.
IMO, 'Shift allowances' are not expenses. You have earnt them! So you may get a letter from the employer stating that those are part of your earnings

Another thing that can make yourself comfortable is to write to HO regarding the situation and get confirmation in a written format. Attach it to your application citing the confirmation.
Regards,
vks