ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(general) Highly skilled. Bank statment and timeof post

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

antrad

Tier1(general) Highly skilled. Bank statment and timeof post

Post by antrad » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:04 am

Hello Guys,

As the Tier 1(general) highly skilled initial application rules are changing, I am in a bit of hurry to apply my application before 6th april 2010. As you might all know its just before a long weekend with bank holiday (2nd friday 2010 & 5th monday 2010).

I've been trying to get my latest bank statement and a june 2009's bank statement stamped on the headed paper, by the bank, as am missing these particular detail. The banks have been really fussy about this. However I managed to get these statement from another branch without the Logo of the bank or any other bank header details (Its just on a normal printout with the stamp and the sign of the customer service adviser). Is this valid? Please advise.

And any suggestion on when to apply by post? As mentioned above, I've got this tricky bank holiday situation.

Thanks in advance.

GeneNZ

Re: Tier1(general) Highly skilled. Bank statment and timeof

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:23 am

antrad wrote:Hello Guys,

As the Tier 1(general) highly skilled initial application rules are changing, I am in a bit of hurry to apply my application before 6th april 2010. As you might all know its just before a long weekend with bank holiday (2nd friday 2010 & 5th monday 2010).

I've been trying to get my latest bank statement and a june 2009's bank statement stamped on the headed paper, by the bank, as am missing these particular detail. The banks have been really fussy about this. However I managed to get these statement from another branch without the Logo of the bank or any other bank header details (Its just on a normal printout with the stamp and the sign of the customer service adviser). Is this valid? Please advise.

And any suggestion on when to apply by post? As mentioned above, I've got this tricky bank holiday situation.

Thanks in advance.
If you read through other posts, you'll find that some people have been rejected since their bank statements were printed on dot matrix printers, without the bank logo on it, despite the fact that the statement was signed and stamped. The guidance notes are clear that if you don't have your statements printed on the bank stationary, then you must have each page stamped and verified. Further to this, based on posts on these forums, it seems a bank logo on the statements is a requirement too.

So based on other peoples experience, the answer to your query is that: You can attempt too, but it's very touch and go. I would at least get electronic statements with the bank logo on it, and stamped and signed, just to be sure.

antrad

Post by antrad » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:30 am

Thank you for your prompt reply. I've been trying to get the statement. From the past one weekend. The bank has been a Pain and the customer service advisers are rude as well.

antrad

Post by antrad » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:03 am

Thank you for your prompt reply. I've been trying to get the statement. From the past one weekend. The bank has been a Pain and the customer service advisers are rude as well.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:22 am

antrad wrote:Thank you for your prompt reply. I've been trying to get the statement. From the past one weekend. The bank has been a Pain and the customer service advisers are rude as well.
Hi people,
I'm in a similar situation sort of.
I printed my electronic statements(with the bank logo on it), but I only got them stamped-every page that is. It was a lot of pages you know, so the teller guy couldn't 'sign' them all,but all the pages were stamped. Is this acceptable by the HO?
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 am

beecharmer1800bc wrote:
antrad wrote:Thank you for your prompt reply. I've been trying to get the statement. From the past one weekend. The bank has been a Pain and the customer service advisers are rude as well.
Hi people,
I printed my electronic statements(with the bank logo on it), but I only got them stamped-every page that is. It was a lot of pages you know, so the teller guy couldn't 'sign' them all,but all the pages were stamped. Is this acceptable by the HO?
Stamped AND Signed, according to the guidance notes.

So I would say no, it is not acceptable.

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:31 am

GeneNZ wrote:
beecharmer1800bc wrote:
Hi people,

Guidance does not say that it should be signed for bank statements. Stamped should suffice on all pages, if the statements are not on bank letter head
Regards,
vks

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:41 am

vks wrote:
GeneNZ wrote:
beecharmer1800bc wrote:
Hi people,

Guidance does not say that it should be signed for bank statements. Stamped should suffice on all pages, if the statements are not on bank letter head

My apologies. I was confused with the payslips "Stamp and sign".

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 am

Hi people,
I printed my electronic statements(with the bank logo on it), but I only got them stamped-every page that is. It was a lot of pages you know, so the teller guy couldn't 'sign' them all,but all the pages were stamped. Is this acceptable by the HO?[/quote]

So I would say no, it is not acceptable.[/quote]

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

That's an excerpt from the notes.
I don't do paper staements cuz it's too much litter in my flat.I just printed off the online statements and had them stamped at a local branch. You almost got me worried there :lol:
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:54 am

beecharmer1800bc wrote: Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.[/b]

That's an excerpt from the notes.
I don't do paper staements cuz it's too much litter in my flat.I just printed off the online statements and had them stamped at a local branch. You almost got me worried there :lol:
As above. I was confused between payslips and bank statements.

mirza
Newly Registered

From guidance 03/2010

Post by mirza » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Following is from Tier 1 (General) guidance Notes
"Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email)."