ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on dependent visa application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muhandis.ak

Advice on dependent visa application

Post by muhandis.ak » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for a Tier 1 (G) visa in April from Bangalore. My husband also intends to accompany me on a dependant visa. We are a bit confused and would like some advice on the following two points -

1. Would it be better to apply for the dependent visa along with the main application or wait till we get my passport stamped & then apply for a dependent visa for my husband?

2. If I mention in the VAF that my husband will be accompanying me, would it be a problem for me to travel alone later?

Thanks in advance,

Kala

vks

Re: Advice on dependent visa application

Post by vks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 am

muhandis.ak wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for a Tier 1 (G) visa in April from Bangalore. My husband also intends to accompany me on a dependant visa. We are a bit confused and would like some advice on the following two points -

1. Would it be better to apply for the dependent visa along with the main application or wait till we get my passport stamped & then apply for a dependent visa for my husband?

2. If I mention in the VAF that my husband will be accompanying me, would it be a problem for me to travel alone later?

Thanks in advance,

Kala
For initial applications, applying along with main applicant or independently for the dependants does not matter, as the only differene is in the fees.

If you plan not to apply for your dependant, then would you mention that your dependant will travel with you? IMO no!
Regards,
vks