ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

voluntary repatriation by BNP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gainvidya
Member of Standing

voluntary repatriation by BNP

Post by gainvidya » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:39 pm

Look like everyone is ready to become tough on immigration to attract vote.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8595973.stm

BNP goes far extreme. It plans to offer "voluntary repatriation" to people who are not Indigenous british. I am confused on what basis are they going to start offering this package! What about a person born to a pakistani father and british mother and there are real case out there.
Last edited by gainvidya on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 pm

And how far back does the 'indigenous Briton' descendant line go? The Romans, the germanic tribes of the Angles, Saxons, Jutes, or the Scandinavian Vikings..the french Normans?? :?
Virtually all of the 'indigenous Britons' were wiped out by foreign invaders!

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Not my mob, I am a celt!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:21 pm

mochyn wrote:Not my mob, I am a celt!
Funny how we Celts and Anglo Saxons have had our wars and now we live together ok...

Bit of banter, but no blowing each other up.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Wanderer wrote:
mochyn wrote:Not my mob, I am a celt!
Funny how we Celts and Anglo Saxons have had our wars and now we live together ok...

Bit of banter, but no blowing each other up.
Unless you buy a house in Wales :lol:

Then you get a warm welcome

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:41 pm

Or a bit of paint going "Saes mynd adref". Only ever happened on empty second homes as far as I am aware. Doesn't make it OK though.

I disagree with Casa about invasions mostly wiping out the previous inhabitants. I don't think they had enough boats to bring half a million to a million people over the sea. It seems more like a case of the culture and language of the victors being dominant for a while, and we don't all speak a version of French.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Back to the original BBC article. I don't think that party would be able to expain that sort of policy with any coherency. And as we all know the UK is such a wonderful place, who would ever want to leave.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:35 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Back to the original BBC article. I don't think that party would be able to expain that sort of policy with any coherency. And as we all know the UK is such a wonderful place, who would ever want to leave.
Only the thousand of Brits that leave every year :lol:

I've been tracing my family history while waiting for my ILR decision. My Great-Grandparents are all British apart from my Great-Grandfather who was French. I've so far managed to trace my family back to Boadecia (is that how you spell it); one branch of my family descends from British aristocracy so it's been easy to go that far back. Anyway the BNP can send me back to my indigenous home 'coz that's .... erm .... the United Kingdom. I've always wondered how the BNP would handle people like me. from countries that were discovered and populated by the British.

I don't think there is a hope in hell that the BNP will get in but if they do I'm off.

Paperpusher - you will find that some English words are descended from French so yes we do speak a form of French... in a way... :lol:

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Further to this article it has been proven that Brown has been "playing" with the facts to make him look good (which is a very difficult task) so I would take some of facts in the original article with a pinch of salt.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8597530.stm

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:56 pm

@ kiwigirl, I was being sarcastic. By the way, what were the names of Boudicca's children and grandchildren who you have in your family tree? Where did you have to go to look at those records, I always thought records from that far back are a bit sketchy. There are lots of loan words from French in English, but English is not a romance language like French.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:27 pm

PaperPusher wrote:@ kiwigirl, I was being sarcastic. By the way, what were the names of Boudicca's children and grandchildren who you have in your family tree? Where did you have to go to look at those records, I always thought records from that far back are a bit sketchy. There are lots of loan words from French in English, but English is not a romance language like French.
I did realise that hence the :lol: after my comment.

Seriously or are you being sarcastic again? Daughter is Princess Julia (Victoria) verch Prasutagus of the Icenias. Who married King Meric (Marius Meurig Cyllin) of Britons. Their childern are King Coel (Colius) I Syluria of Britain and Eurgen ap Meric. Eurgen is allegedly where the link is in my family tree. I could list the entire "link" but that would take some time. The records are a bit sketchy and the historians who write them admit that some of it is guess work.

At the moment most of my research is on-line and through research carried out my members of my extended family. Once I have the draft family tree mapped out I planned to do so in-depth research to confirm the links. So this Boudicea/Boadicca link may turn out to be "broken". I use Ancestry.com which, up to a certain point, has a lot of official records available on-line. Which has helped immensely with "recent" family tree. It uncovered the aristocrary link that I never knew existed and the scandal which led to my branch of the family no longer being part of that circle.

I'm not making it up. I do not devulge any information which I can not back up. There is always a chance of getting caught out which is an embarrasment I can do without in life. At the moment it's great having these "family links" but when the time comes when further research disprove those links I will happily admit so.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:01 am

You are a descendant of Queen Boadicea?

Do we have to call you Princess KIWIGIRL25 now? :lol:

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:50 am

mochyn wrote:You are a descendant of Queen Boadicea?

Do we have to call you Princess KIWIGIRL25 now? :lol:
:lol: Please do and remember to bow down in my presence. :lol:

At the end of the day we can all probably trace ourselves to these ancient Queens and Kings (a point which someone made earlier on).