ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrsamshah
Newly Registered

help..

Post by mrsamshah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:58 pm

hi...

i was wondering if anyone can help...

my husband and i were both on the hsmp visa till 09 and then we applied for my husband to be my dependent by doing an incountry application which was refused with a right to appeal in december...we did the appeal which the judge did not accept and we left the country voluntarily in 6 days of getting the determination...

when my husand made a fresh application in our home country as pbs dependent ( i got extended as tier 1) he was refused saying that he had over stayed for three months....obviously the ECO DIDNT bother to look at the papers we submited..

we have started the appeals process...can someone tell me what will happen next..

thanks

beecharmer1800bc

Re: help..

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:36 pm

mrsamshah wrote:hi...

i was wondering if anyone can help...

my husband and i were both on the hsmp visa till 09 and then we applied for my husband to be my dependent by doing an incountry application which was refused with a right to appeal in december...we did the appeal which the judge did not accept and we left the country voluntarily in 6 days of getting the determination...

when my husand made a fresh application in our home country as pbs dependent ( i got extended as tier 1) he was refused saying that he had over stayed for three months....obviously the ECO DIDNT bother to look at the papers we submited..

we have started the appeals process...can someone tell me what will happen next..

thanks
Put it this way:- Some of these ECOs don't have a clue what they are doing and from what you've stated; your husband has a cast iron case so just remain patient.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

mrsamshah
Newly Registered

Post by mrsamshah » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:16 pm

hi,

thanks so much for your reply...can u tell me if its true that when the appeal goes for a review at the eco they never change their decesion...my solicitor tells me they simply send the appeal to the ait for a hearing..

all this is very frustrating he has now lost his job becoz someone didnt bother to do their job properly..

thanks again..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 26, 2010 10:26 pm

mrsamshah wrote:my solicitor tells me they simply send the appeal to the ait for a hearing
If it is the same solicitor who advised you to appeal UKBA's decision on your husband's in-country dependent application, then I would suggest that you look for another (competent solicitor) to advice you on these matters. If he is a new one, IMHO, he sounds no different from the old one.

ECO overturned decision. Search and you'll find more.

If you have explained your case clearly and submitted adequate documentary evidence in support of your claim(s), then I do not see why an ECO/ECM will not overturn a wrong decision.

regards