ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can dependent travel alone for first time while I am in UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1_aspirant_del

Can dependent travel alone for first time while I am in UK?

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:00 am

Hi,

I have recently got my Tier 1 (General) Visa and moving to UK in mid May. I am going to apply for Tier 1 dependent visa of my wife and she is planning to join me in June.

1) Can you please tell if she can travel alone in June for the first time while i am in UK or do I need to travel back to india to accompany her back to UK?

2) I am india right now and will apply for my wife dependent visa in April. Can you please tell if these documents are fine for my wife visa?

i) Her Two photographs
ii) Her passport
iii) Marriage certificate
iv) Our Wedding photographs
v) My passport photocopy along with Tier 1 Visa copy.
vi) Maintainence fund (GBP 4400) statement for last 3 months along with bank letter.
vii) Sponsor letter
viii) Accomodation proof for 3 weeks during her first arrival (like hotel booking)

3) Is accomodation proof necessary while I am in India and have not travelled to UK? I searched the forum and got different confusing views for it.

4) Does sponsor letter need to me on notorized stamp paper or it can be on plain A4 paper?

5) We were married two years ago and I don't have any wedding invitation card with me. Is the wedding invitation card necessary?

Thanks

vks

Re: Can dependent travel alone for first time while I am in

Post by vks » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:55 am

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Hi,

I have recently got my Tier 1 (General) Visa and moving to UK in mid May. I am going to apply for Tier 1 dependent visa of my wife and she is planning to join me in June.

1) Can you please tell if she can travel alone in June for the first time while i am in UK or do I need to travel back to india to accompany her back to UK?

She can travel alone!

2) I am india right now and will apply for my wife dependent visa in April. Can you please tell if these documents are fine for my wife visa?

i) Her Two photographs
ii) Her passport
iii) Marriage certificate
iv) Our Wedding photographs
v) My passport photocopy along with Tier 1 Visa copy.
vi) Maintainence fund (GBP 4400) statement for last 3 months along with bank letter.
vii) Sponsor letter
viii) Accomodation proof for 3 weeks during her first arrival (like hotel booking)

Yes

3) Is accomodation proof necessary while I am in India and have not travelled to UK? I searched the forum and got different confusing views for it.

There may be a question from the Immigration Office at the airport. So better be prepared.

4) Does sponsor letter need to me on notorized stamp paper or it can be on plain A4 paper?

IMO, a letter on an A4 paper should suffice!

5) We were married two years ago and I don't have any wedding invitation card with me. Is the wedding invitation card necessary?

Not mandatory. The only supporting evidence that you require is Marriage certificate for your partner. If you have that is good.

Thanks
Regards,
vks

js03022006
Newly Registered

Post by js03022006 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:50 am

Hi,

I am also planning to apply dependent visa for my wife and son, please let me know what is 'Sponsor letter' and what it should contain? Can you provide the sample if you have anything?

How many days it will take for processing dependent visa?

Thanks
js

vks

Post by vks » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:10 am

js03022006 wrote:Hi,

I am also planning to apply dependent visa for my wife and son, please let me know what is 'Sponsor letter' and what it should contain? Can you provide the sample if you have anything?

How many days it will take for processing dependent visa?

Thanks
js
Keep your query separate!
Where did you learn that you need a sponsor letter?
Regards,
vks

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:12 am

hi vks..thanks for the reply..