ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Duvvuri

Tier 1 extension refusal

Post by Duvvuri » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi all,

One of my friends visa rejected applied on march 11th got the rejection today please need help. He submitted online bank statements but there is no name in the online statement just account number. So the reason for rejection is as follows:

You have claimed 10points for maintenance but the docs you have provided do not demonstrate that you have been in possession of £800 for the period specified in guidance.
The name of the account holder for the account is not shown on the evidence provided or supported covering letter from the issuing bank branch.

In line with the published guidance,no points are awarded.

Please can someone tell wht are his chances of winning the appeal. As we now have the original bank statements. Can we produce original statements in appeal.

Thanks

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:00 am

Now that he has the original Bank Statement -Please tell him to enclose photocopies of the statement in the appeal form to AIT and also make sure he has the original for the hearing.
If the £800 rules are met for the minimum of three month then his chances are high.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:21 am

In a way UKBA was right in its decision. The statements were not as per the guidelines and I feel that not having name on the statements is a big fault. How would the case worker find out that the statements belong to you if there is no name of the account holder on it.

One cannot submit any additional document in an admin review and as per my understanding they won't look the additional documents at all. They will consider only the documents submitted with the original application. A better way may be to apply again with original bank statements rather than waiting for Admin review.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:13 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:In a way UKBA was right in its decision. The statements were not as per the guidelines and I feel that not having name on the statements is a big fault. How would the case worker find out that the statements belong to you if there is no name of the account holder on it.

One cannot submit any additional document in an admin review and as per my understanding they won't look the additional documents at all. They will consider only the documents submitted with the original application. A better way may be to apply again with original bank statements rather than waiting for Admin review.
Agree!

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:16 pm

thanks. But let me tell you his visa has expired now so only option left to him is that he has to go for appeal.

So please tell can he send additional documents like original bank statements. He has the account number on the online statements as he took the statements from the bank so it was actually the banks mistake, and we assumed name appears so mistake happened.

Now please guys tell me what is the next step.

Will his appeal be allowed and how long can this appeal take.

thanks

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:16 pm

Duvvuri wrote:thanks. But let me tell you his visa has expired now so only option left to him is that he has to go for appeal.

So please tell can he send additional documents like original bank statements. He has the account number on the online statements as he took the statements from the bank so it was actually the banks mistake, and we assumed name appears so mistake happened.

Now please guys tell me what is the next step.

Will his appeal be allowed and how long can this appeal take.

thanks
Please note -We are talking about applicant within the UK so,Now that he has the original Bank Statement -Please tell him to enclose photocopies of the statement in the appeal form to AIT and also make sure he has the original for the hearing.
If the £800 rules are met for the minimum of three month then his chances are high.
Appeal can take between 8 to 10 weeks or more, and then if allowed getting passport stamped with Visa another 2 to 8 weeks. Your friend need all the support he/she can get at the moment. All the best! :idea: