ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Q 1.1, 2.1 and 3.5 on AN form?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Q 1.1, 2.1 and 3.5 on AN form?

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:56 pm

HI,

basically i am helping out my friend who is British natural and his wife is applying for naturalization, she came to UK on 09/09/2004 and got ILR on 06/09/2006 and currently holds Indian nationality. while filling her form i got confused with couple of question and hoping this forum can help me out here,

the correct form to use in the above scenario is AN, right?

1.1 what to fill in here?

2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the UK?
should i write the first ever entry date in uk and heathrow airport, London as place, please clarify.

3.5 address of tax office or tax office refernce?
she is working part time and i am not sure what to fill in her.

fees is £720, am i correct? is there any maintenance requirment?

does she need to provide any document other then her passport in order to prove that she was in UK for the last three year?

thanks in advance to all.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:55 pm

anyone with reply??

thanks

bani

Post by bani » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:28 pm

1.1 put the HO reference number. It should be on the letter they sent her when she got ILR (upper right hand side and beside "Our Ref").

2.1 yes

3.5 take a look at her p60. On my application, I wrote what was under "Inland Revenue Office Name"

fee will be different after the 6th of april. £720 now but after that, it is £655 (plus the ceremony fee to be billed/paid later).

no maintenance requirement.

passport required, employer letter will help too.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:58 pm

3.5 take a look at her p60. On my application, I wrote what was under "Inland Revenue Office Name"
hi bani, she has just started her job and hasnt got p60, what should she do? should she contact her employer for tax office details or can she left this field blank

thanks

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:39 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:
hi bani, she has just started her job and hasnt got p60, what should she do? should she contact her employer for tax office details or can she left this field blank
thanks
She should contact her employer for the tax office reference number...I dont think it should be a problem at all.

I think if she left it blank she should be ready to explain with a cover letter that sshe just started work.

Personnally I dont think this should deny her getting naturalised if she decided to leave it blank but may be contradicting the fact that if she declared she's employed.. I can not really coment.

Over all employment or no employment should not really deny her getting naturalized.

All the best.