ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AIRMAIL - More than 2 Kg

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashwin2005

AIRMAIL - More than 2 Kg

Post by Ashwin2005 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:52 pm

(1) Royal mail web site says that the maximum weight for Airmail is 2 kg. (5 kg for printed materials and booklets only). If our documents are more than 2 kg (My documents were, since I included lot of evidences for significant achievements), how does the Royal mail trasmit the documents? Would more weight cause delay in delivery?

(2) Our post office here says that there may be a reference number for each Airmail package being sent. They say that if this reference number is availoable they can somehow track. The Question is - Will such a reference number be allotted at the place of despatch? Any one who received the documents by Airmail, can you please throw some light - if there was any such reference number for Airmail Parcels?

Markie

Re: AIRMAIL - More than 2 Kg

Post by Markie » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:41 am

Ashwin2005 wrote:(1) Royal mail web site says that the maximum weight for Airmail is 2 kg. (5 kg for printed materials and booklets only). If our documents are more than 2 kg (My documents were, since I included lot of evidences for significant achievements), how does the Royal mail trasmit the documents? Would more weight cause delay in delivery?

(2) Our post office here says that there may be a reference number for each Airmail package being sent. They say that if this reference number is availoable they can somehow track. The Question is - Will such a reference number be allotted at the place of despatch? Any one who received the documents by Airmail, can you please throw some light - if there was any such reference number for Airmail Parcels?
Normally, document packages with less than 2 kg pass through the system easily. On the other hand, packages exceeding this 2kg limit catches the attention of the customs group and maybe subjected to inspection at the point of entry.

In my case, the HSMP team removed all the original docs from the big binder I used and despatched them in smaller/lighter pouch via Royal mail. My original package weighed 5kg as per FedEx.

tereshchenko

Post by tereshchenko » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:15 pm

Did you send bricks in it? :roll: