ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Require info for travelling after valid date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shuchi.choudhary
Newly Registered

Require info for travelling after valid date

Post by shuchi.choudhary » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 am

Hi,

My Tier 1 general visa is valid from 1st April 2010.But due to buisness requirement I need to travel to US for 3 months and not able to travel UK immediately.Does this makes my visa void?

It may be a repeated question but I am forced to post this question as I caught many people saying that it is mandatory to travel within 3 months of visa valid date.

Thanks in Advance!!!

vks

Re: Require info for travelling after valid date

Post by vks » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:04 am

shuchi.choudhary wrote:Hi,

My Tier 1 general visa is valid from 1st April 2010.But due to buisness requirement I need to travel to US for 3 months and not able to travel UK immediately.Does this makes my visa void?!

No

It may be a repeated question but I am forced to post this question as I caught many people saying that it is mandatory to travel within 3 months of visa valid date.

No

Thanks in Advance!!!
Regards,
vks

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:12 am

My Tier 1 general visa is valid from 1st April 2010.But due to buisness requirement I need to travel to US for 3 months and not able to travel UK immediately.Does this makes my visa void?

Thanks in Advance!!!
There is no restriction on travel to UK.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:20 am

kiranchinnu wrote:

Thanks in Advance!!!
As an extension to this question, is there still the 28 day ILR entry requirement, whereby you don't need to make additional extensions with the Tier 1 come the time you want to apply for ILR? I've read on this board some people saying that the 28 day requirement is and is not in effect anymore. Wondering if I can get an definitive answer on that.

Thanks in advance.

vks

Post by vks » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:57 am

GeneNZ wrote:
kiranchinnu wrote:

Thanks in Advance!!!
As an extension to this question, is there still the 28 day ILR entry requirement, whereby you don't need to make additional extensions with the Tier 1 come the time you want to apply for ILR? I've read on this board some people saying that the 28 day requirement is and is not in effect anymore. Wondering if I can get an definitive answer on that.

Thanks in advance.

The requirement still exists. If you are into the UK after 28 days, then you may need to extend again. This is based on the current rules and the guidance
Regards,
vks