ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 refusal on the basis of same source of evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

apatel23
Newly Registered

Tier-1 refusal on the basis of same source of evidence

Post by apatel23 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi All,
I applied for Tier-1 extension on 6th February 2010. I got refusal on 22nd March 2010. I claimed 20 points for my earning points. During last year I worked in 5 places. And one of my employers paid me by cash. She paid my tax to HMRC. And a she gave me payslips and P45 form. According to ECO that enclosed P45 form in support of this amount but this is not acceptable as it is viewed as the same source of evidence as the pay slips. This brings the total down and got 10 points. But I am lucky I got appeal form.

I tried to get current year tax record from HMRC. But everyone said to me that we can prove you after May 2010. So, I have only one option to prove my self is a tax form P-60. But I cannot get before 5th April. And my deadline for appeal is 8th April 2010. I don’t know I will get it or no.

Please can you suggest me what I have to do.

Thanks

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your refusal, in regards to provided evidence P45 and Payslip work out to be from the same source as both are issued by the employer.

Only if you would ve provided them with P60 that would ve had been classed as a different source.

If you wish to apply for Admin review it will not be accepted as this will be classed as a new evidence.

if you wish to appeal then probably you can provide this additional evidence.
Good Luck.

Ali

apatel23
Newly Registered

Post by apatel23 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:03 pm

HI Ali,
Thanks for quick reply. But i cannot understand what is Admin review?
Important thing my deadline is going to finish on 8th April. And i donot have still P-60 form.
So, how can i make my appeal?

What is chance?

alimohmand wrote:Hi,
Sorry to hear about your refusal, in regards to provided evidence P45 and Payslip work out to be from the same source as both are issued by the employer.

Only if you would ve provided them with P60 that would ve had been classed as a different source.

If you wish to apply for Admin review it will not be accepted as this will be classed as a new evidence.

Good Luck.

Ali

puruwannafly
Newly Registered

Post by puruwannafly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi apatel23,

I am on the same boat. I guess P60 won't work as it is also considered from same source. What you can do is - you can ask your employer for a tax return that she has filed and which contains detail information about your details.

How would you proceed further with your case? Hey one moment, You did try to contact HMRC right? How did you do that? If you could shed some light then that might help me dear.

- puruwannafly

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:17 pm

You said you worked in 5 places, out of only one paid you in cash.
So did you submitted bank statement as 2nd proof(atleast for 4 work place ) it should match with your salary slips.

Assuming worse case, will employment period in 4 places gives you sufficient point to qualify?

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:46 pm

apatel23 wrote:HI Ali,
Thanks for quick reply. But i cannot understand what is Admin review?
Important thing my deadline is going to finish on 8th April. And i donot have still P-60 form.
So, how can i make my appeal?

What is chance?

alimohmand wrote:Hi,

Good Luck.

Ali
Hi,

I'll share my bit. As far as the earning are concerned you need to verify it from two different sources and one of them in your case has to be bank statements. If you have been paying that Cash as it is into your bank account then all you need is a letter from the accountant stating your self employment gross earnings. If you cannot corroborate your earnings with the bank statements then I am afraid those earnings will not be accepted.
Letter from employer, P60 & payslips are considered from the same source.
I hope this helps.
regards,
all is well that ends well

apatel23
Newly Registered

got p- 60 form today

Post by apatel23 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Dear all,

I got p14 ( Employer annual tax return to HMRC) online print out and p60 as well. So, hope fully it is allright. I concered my solicitor as well.
what you think? everything is allright?

regards

puruwannafly
Newly Registered

Post by puruwannafly » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi,

I would still say that P60 is not gonna help as it is considered from same source like salary slip, P45 and employer letter.

Bye the way, how did you come to know that P14 will be useful in your case and might be in my case too. Please help me.

- puruwannafly

Markie

Re: Tier-1 refusal on the basis of same source of evidence

Post by Markie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:48 pm

the other supporting doc is your bank statements. letter from employer , payslips end up as same source. P60 is considered other source though can be provided through employer (large companies).
apatel23 wrote:Hi All,
I applied for Tier-1 extension on 6th February 2010. I got refusal on 22nd March 2010. I claimed 20 points for my earning points. During last year I worked in 5 places. And one of my employers paid me by cash. She paid my tax to HMRC. And a she gave me payslips and P45 form. According to ECO that enclosed P45 form in support of this amount but this is not acceptable as it is viewed as the same source of evidence as the pay slips. This brings the total down and got 10 points. But I am lucky I got appeal form.

I tried to get current year tax record from HMRC. But everyone said to me that we can prove you after May 2010. So, I have only one option to prove my self is a tax form P-60. But I cannot get before 5th April. And my deadline for appeal is 8th April 2010. I don’t know I will get it or no.

Please can you suggest me what I have to do.

Thanks

apatel23
Newly Registered

different source

Post by apatel23 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi all,

AS i stated, i got letter from employer accounant letter, P-14 (end of the year- employee summary), all pay slips and P-60. I have all these documetns but i donot have bank statment cause i got cash. so it cannot help me. So, what is else i can make my self safe? please let me know
Thanks

dima
Member of Standing

Re: different source

Post by dima » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 am

apatel23 wrote:Hi all,

AS i stated, i got letter from employer accounant letter, P-14 (end of the year- employee summary), all pay slips and P-60. I have all these documetns but i donot have bank statment cause i got cash. so it cannot help me. So, what is else i can make my self safe? please let me know
Thanks
All the above docs are from the same source and will be discarded again. You need to show bank statements as an other mandatory proof( A diff source alltogether).
Good Luck!!
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

apatel23
Newly Registered

Got hearing date

Post by apatel23 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi all,

Last week i got hearing date. It will be on 13th May 2010. It is too late. During this time i received a letter from HMRC about last year current record. And it is clearly says that what i claimed money it is excatly show in tax record form. SO, may that way i get anothe source of evidence for earing.

Is it help?

Thanks

puruwannafly
Newly Registered

Cash Earning

Post by puruwannafly » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi apatel23,

I am on the same boat. If you could help me then I will be very thankful to you.

I have put up my file still waiting for reply and I am earning through cash from my second job. How did you get the letter from HMRC? Please tell me the procedure. Have you contacted any lawyer in this regards?

What all I have the information is HMRC letter is valid proof but I don't know about when will it be taken a valid either putting this letter along with file or in the appeal or both.

I feel strongly that you have been given chance for appeal that does mean that your case look genuine and they are allowing you second chance to prove your self may be with some additional document/information. What other's say??

apatel23
Newly Registered

Post by apatel23 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:46 am

Hi,

I called to hmrc and tell them what is my problem. So u requested them to give me a last year tax record. So u can also get it.
No one give any reply. I think that is different source of evidence. I got pay slips, p45, p14, p60 and company accountant letter. May be these all r same source of evidences and now I have a letter from hmrc. Hopefully, it can helps.

Am I right?

Thanks

apatel23
Newly Registered

won appeal and waiting for stamping

Post by apatel23 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi all,

I am happy to inform you that i won my appeal. And i got letter from immigration judge about determine appeal. Many thanks to all my friends who helps me lot.

I am waiting for my passport stamping? Anybody have an idea how long take time to get letter from ECO and stamping?

Last month i got letter from Immigration judge. What is my next step?

Please suggest me .

Many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: won appeal and waiting for stamping

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:18 pm

apatel23 wrote:Anybody have an idea how long take time to get letter from ECO and stamping?
2-4 months.
apatel23 wrote:What is my next step?
Wait patiently.

regards