ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant of WP to Tier 1 to Dependant again to Settlement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

visaforv10

Dependant of WP to Tier 1 to Dependant again to Settlement

Post by visaforv10 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi all,

I am in the UK for last more than 2 years on my spouse's work permit. Now my company wants me to get my independant visa tier 1.

If I change my visa status from dependant visa to tier 2 now, my wife continues to work on tier 2/Tier 1 till we complete five years in the UK. After five years, I change my visa status to her dependant again and we both apply for ILR. Will I qualify for settlement in this case?

Kindly advise.

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant of WP to Tier 1 to Dependant again to Settleme

Post by dima » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:34 am

visaforv10 wrote:Hi all,

I am in the UK for last more than 2 years on my spouse's work permit. Now my company wants me to get my independant visa tier 1.

If I change my visa status from dependant visa to tier 2 now, my wife continues to work on tier 2/Tier 1 till we complete five years in the UK. After five years, I change my visa status to her dependant again and we both apply for ILR. Will I qualify for settlement in this case?

Kindly advise.
Is your company sponsoring you for Tier2 in country? or you need to apply for Tier2 from outside UK?
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Tier 1 and Tier 2 are two different immigration categories, so be clear on what you are asking .. as the answers may differ.

regards

visaforv10

Post by visaforv10 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:21 pm

thanks for your reply and sorry for any confusion.

Actually, my company wants me to get an independant visa. However, instead of going for tier 2, we are now planing to go for my tier 1.

So, the question is, If I change my visa status from dependant visa to tier 1 now, my wife continues to work on tier 2 (she will be changing from WP to tier 2) till we complete five years in the UK. After five years, I change my visa status to her dependant again and we both apply for ILR. Will I qualify for settlement in this case?

I appreciate the fact that I will have to apply from my home country and can not apply from within UK.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:41 pm