ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake in additional information

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vitavi

Mistake in additional information

Post by Vitavi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:49 am

I applied for Tier 1 Gen on 1st April through a solicitor. When my solicitor asked me when i previously applied for my psw visa, i automatically replied it was on 31 March 2009. However, after checking my records, i soon realised it actually took a place on 27th March 2009, or 4 days before that. I communicated this info to my solicitor, but it was too late since he had already submitted my application. Now he says this information is not relevant to my application as it was provided only as part of additional disclosure requirements, and therefore, he is not going to submit a change of circumstances form because he believes this info is irrelevant to my application and cannot impact the final decision. However, i am a bit worrying. I don't want my application to be refused just because of a small error in additonal information.

I would really appreciate your advices, please. What shall i do?

I feel I should submit this form on my own instead. However, i also don't want to confuse the HO too much. So, is this info really relevant in context of Tier 1 G application?

vks

Re: Mistake in additional information

Post by vks » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Vitavi wrote:I applied for Tier 1 Gen on 1st April through a solicitor. When my solicitor asked me when i previously applied for my psw visa, i automatically replied it was on 31 March 2009. However, after checking my records, i soon realised it actually took a place on 27th March 2009, or 4 days before that. I communicated this info to my solicitor, but it was too late since he had already submitted my application. Now he says this information is not relevant to my application as it was provided only as part of additional disclosure requirements, and therefore, he is not going to submit a change of circumstances form because he believes this info is irrelevant to my application and cannot impact the final decision. However, i am a bit worrying. I don't want my application to be refused just because of a small error in additonal information.

I would really appreciate your advices, please. What shall i do?

I feel I should submit this form on my own instead. However, i also don't want to confuse the HO too much. So, is this info really relevant in context of Tier 1 G application?
The solicitor is correct! Your entire history would be with HO and they track it based on the application reference numbers, DOB, Name, etc., The issue you mentioned is a trivial one IMO.

Regards,
vks

Vitavi

Post by Vitavi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:54 am

Many thanks for your reply, VKS. I understand that the HO is able to track my applicatiion by name, DOB, address, etc. But what if they consider information provided by my soliciotr not as an error, but as a misrepresentation? I signed the application where i confirmed all info in there was true to the best of my knowledge. So, if neither my soliciotr nor myself do not report this as a mistake, would there be a problem?

My soliciotr says it won't because he only mentioned this as an additional information in the application and in the cover letter. But i still have concerns. This application is important for me and i don't want it to get refused based on that small error.