ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR JR (Judicial Review) Success Croydon PEO 1st April 2010

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sherry101
Newly Registered

ILR JR (Judicial Review) Success Croydon PEO 1st April 2010

Post by Sherry101 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi All,

Since I read lot of topics and learned a lot from this forum, I felt obligated to write my story. It will be a short one though :)

I started looking for appointments in January 2010 and to my surprise I realised the appointments are not available at all either on-line or by phone.

The phone service was quite inadequate with limited and sometimes incorrect information (Personal experience).

However after two weeks of continuous on-line efforts I picked up an availability pattern in the system. This is for your information and action. If you try looking at the UKBA website after 18:00 hrs on weekdays, your chances of finding an appointment is greater. Do not ask me why, but I think the system tends to release appointments around day end.

After securing the appointment which was 9:00 am 1st of April 2010, (Quite misleading towards becoming an April fool) :), I arrived at Croydon PEO 8:20 am. Nearest Parking is Whitgift NCP.

After airport style screening, we were sent in and to my surprise there were 25-30 people ahead of me. I thought I was early :).

On the ground floor, there are counters for pre-screening your application to check if it can be processed on the day.

I was called on the next available counter in about 30 mins of arriving at the PEO. The lady at the counter checked the application, asked me application, passports, photos and supporting documents. In my case, HSMP 4 years ILR JR.

After checking some details on the application and the computer system with quite focusing eyes for about 10 mins she handed me back the documents and application along with passports. The application was stamped VALID with a ticket with a number. She asked me to take the ticket on the 1st floor and deposit the fee. In my case Main applicant and 2 dependents amounting to £1120.

After paying, I was handed over the receipt and told to stay on the first floor and wait for for your number call. After 5 mins of waiting there were 4-5 ticket numbers called including mine to go to 2nd floor and wait for your number call.

Went on the 2nd floor and case worker was already waiting with number displayed on his counter screen.

He mentioned his name and that he will be dealing with my application as my case worker. He asked me following documents:

1. Application
2. Passports
3. Photographs
4. Employment Letter
5. Pay slips for 6 Months
6. Bank Statements 6 Months
7. P60s for all 4 years (Although he mentioned he has updated record via HMRC to counter check).
8. My child's birth certificate
9. Original home office letter granted at the time of entry clearance.
10. Marriage Certificate
11. A document of all entry exit dates as per passport stamps.

I handed over all the required documents. He told me that it will take him nearly 2 hours to counter check all the documents against records in the system for him to get back to me with a decision. He also mentioned that I can come back in 2 hours or can stay in the building. Choice is mine.

The time is right now 9:40 am. I said to the case worker, I shall return at 11:40 am. He said fine.

At around 11:15 am I arrived at the waiting area. After about 10 mins I saw my number announced. I went to the counter window and the case worker asked me to wait to finalise his decision. At the same time he was talking to someone on the phone as well. He was on the phone about 5 mins and muted the window sound so I could not hear. After he hung up the phone he took couple of minutes doing something on the computer and then opened the sound of the window. He said I am granting you and your family ILR from today's date. You can collect your passports after 30 mins from the 1st floor customer services counter. I said thank you and off I went to 1st floor. I waited around 40 mins for my number to be called . Went at the counter and saw the ILR stamps on the passports along with UKBA letters. The lady asked me to check the details, name and all and if all looks good, I am good to go. Hence, an end to a hectic day.

Summary:

Please take all related documents you have, you never know what the case worker can ask. The immigration officers ask documents from you to counter check our submission against their records. They have access to all the systems and information we provide with multiple system linkages. In all, the experience went smooth. Good luck to all.

Gulshan Grover
Newly Registered

Re: ILR JR (Judicial Review) Success Croydon PEO 1st April

Post by Gulshan Grover » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:09 am

Sherry101 wrote:Hi All,

Since I read lot of topics and learned a lot from this forum, I felt obligated to write my story. It will be a short one though :)

I started looking for appointments in January 2010 and to my surprise I realised the appointments are not available at all either on-line or by phone.

The phone service was quite inadequate with limited and sometimes incorrect information (Personal experience).

However after two weeks of continuous on-line efforts I picked up an availability pattern in the system. This is for your information and action. If you try looking at the UKBA website after 18:00 hrs on weekdays, your chances of finding an appointment is greater. Do not ask me why, but I think the system tends to release appointments around day end.

After securing the appointment which was 9:00 am 1st of April 2010, (Quite misleading towards becoming an April fool) :), I arrived at Croydon PEO 8:20 am. Nearest Parking is Whitgift NCP.

After airport style screening, we were sent in and to my surprise there were 25-30 people ahead of me. I thought I was early :).

On the ground floor, there are counters for pre-screening your application to check if it can be processed on the day.

I was called on the next available counter in about 30 mins of arriving at the PEO. The lady at the counter checked the application, asked me application, passports, photos and supporting documents. In my case, HSMP 4 years ILR JR.

After checking some details on the application and the computer system with quite focusing eyes for about 10 mins she handed me back the documents and application along with passports. The application was stamped VALID with a ticket with a number. She asked me to take the ticket on the 1st floor and deposit the fee. In my case Main applicant and 2 dependents amounting to £1120.

After paying, I was handed over the receipt and told to stay on the first floor and wait for for your number call. After 5 mins of waiting there were 4-5 ticket numbers called including mine to go to 2nd floor and wait for your number call.

Went on the 2nd floor and case worker was already waiting with number displayed on his counter screen.

He mentioned his name and that he will be dealing with my application as my case worker. He asked me following documents:

1. Application
2. Passports
3. Photographs
4. Employment Letter
5. Pay slips for 6 Months
6. Bank Statements 6 Months
7. P60s for all 4 years (Although he mentioned he has updated record via HMRC to counter check).
8. My child's birth certificate
9. Original home office letter granted at the time of entry clearance.
10. Marriage Certificate
11. A document of all entry exit dates as per passport stamps.

I handed over all the required documents. He told me that it will take him nearly 2 hours to counter check all the documents against records in the system for him to get back to me with a decision. He also mentioned that I can come back in 2 hours or can stay in the building. Choice is mine.

The time is right now 9:40 am. I said to the case worker, I shall return at 11:40 am. He said fine.

At around 11:15 am I arrived at the waiting area. After about 10 mins I saw my number announced. I went to the counter window and the case worker asked me to wait to finalise his decision. At the same time he was talking to someone on the phone as well. He was on the phone about 5 mins and muted the window sound so I could not hear. After he hung up the phone he took couple of minutes doing something on the computer and then opened the sound of the window. He said I am granting you and your family ILR from today's date. You can collect your passports after 30 mins from the 1st floor customer services counter. I said thank you and off I went to 1st floor. I waited around 40 mins for my number to be called . Went at the counter and saw the ILR stamps on the passports along with UKBA letters. The lady asked me to check the details, name and all and if all looks good, I am good to go. Hence, an end to a hectic day.

Summary:

Please take all related documents you have, you never know what the case worker can ask. The immigration officers ask documents from you to counter check our submission against their records. They have access to all the systems and information we provide with multiple system linkages. In all, the experience went smooth. Good luck to all.
Hello,

Thanks for the post.I believe the information, you have provided, is quite helpful.Could you tell me please does psw visa count towards the long residence ILR?My psw visa will expire next year and i will complete 10 years in the uk.Although, I had student visa and SEGS before.Therefore, the ten years stay is the combination of student + segs + student + psw.

I am looking forward to receiving a reply from you soon.

Regards.

Sherry101
Newly Registered

Post by Sherry101 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:36 pm

I think PSW does count towards long residency i.e. 10 yr ILR. There are also some hits on the forum about your question. Pls see below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 33c26d6b8f

theyearoftheshnitzel
Newly Registered

Post by theyearoftheshnitzel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:28 am

Hi Sherry,

I am about to make my application for ILR JR in about 2 months. I just have a question regarding the P60's and entry/exit stamps.

1. At the moment I cant seem to find any P60's from the past 3 years. I only have my 08/09 P60. How essential are these? I've had a browse around the revenues website and cant find any references about how to get copies of these.

2. Entry/Exit stamps, do they require these with a total of days out of the UK? I ask because I have worked in a consultant role since I've been here and travelled quite extensively through the E.U. always on company business. There are A LOT of stamps.

Congrats on the ILR!

--------- EDIT --------
Ok I just read the 3. CALCULATION OF THE FOUR YEAR PERIOD FOR SETTLEMENT and it looks like I will be fine for this.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:18 am

Congrats sherry101!

And thanks for your detailed report on successful ILR application. It goes to confirm that you should always include with your application genuine supporting evidences as the HO have access to multilink organizations' websites to verify any document submitted.

Many thanks once again!

theyearoftheshnitzel wrote:
Hi Sherry,

I am about to make my application for ILR JR in about 2 months. I just have a question regarding the P60's and entry/exit stamps.

1. At the moment I cant seem to find any P60's from the past 3 years. I only have my 08/09 P60. How essential are these? I've had a browse around the revenues website and cant find any references about how to get copies of these.
P60/P45 is highly essential as it gives the caseworker a solid evidence of you paying your tax over those periods you submitted and strong indication that you can not be refused ILR on the ground of TAXes.

You can actually supply your payslips + bank statements to cover those periods you are claiming and they sufficient substitutes for the P60 or you can call the TAX/Revenue office and gets detail summary of your taxes over the claimed periods and that will also be sufficient substitutes for P60s.
2. Entry/Exit stamps, do they require these with a total of days out of the UK? I ask because I have worked in a consultant role since I've been here and travelled quite extensively through the E.U. always on company business. There are A LOT of stamps.
Yes, Entry/Exit stamps will be required by HO to confirm the number of days you have spent outside before applying for ILR to determine if you qualify for ILR under the number-of-days-outside-the-UK criteria.

Although, I think in your case a letter from your employer(s) stating that those travels are genuine business travels will be enough to scale through for you.

I hope this help, I wish you the best of luck in your ILR application.

derekldn
Newly Registered

Post by derekldn » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:49 pm

congratulations. just wondering why they asked so many documents if they can easily check from official sources.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:08 pm

derekldn wrote:congratulations. just wondering why they asked so many documents if they can easily check from official sources.
hi,
i guess that's for ready reference, as they probably don't have direct access to everything (like direct link) but can get all the necessary info if required plus can cross check everything.

Sherry101
Newly Registered

Post by Sherry101 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Simple, to counter check your documents against their records.