ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield PEO Experience:ILR Success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gidoc

Sheffield PEO Experience:ILR Success

Post by gidoc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:32 pm

I will briefly mention my experience at Sheffield, highlighting points which will help others.
Got ILR today for myself, my wife and my 19 yr old son.
Arriving at PEO
Important point here is to look for Riverside entrance, as the PEO side you may encounter by car is on a no entry zone, it took me a while to figure this out.
Parking lot is just opposite the PEO, easy access
Inside PEO
Cell phones canot be used, be prepared to remove cell phone batteries for security check.
No one looked at appointment letters, lots of kids were inside and seating space was sparse.I think you could get in an accompanying person easily. Security staff is polite and helpful.
Appointment
1. No one really tells you anything but you need to go to counter no 7 to get a ticket. Your appointment letter is looked at here. Person here may actually help adjust appointment time. Lady there today said I could get my son in with me, even though his appointment was 4 hrs later. Full points to staff, very helpful.
2.This person will tell you to go to an adjacent counter , where documents are checked; this worker checks if the application is filled completely and takes over all documents you hand in, he doesnt check them.
3.You pay fees at another counter, all cards are accepted, the lady there did all the paperwork, I did not fill in any card details about payment. She will take the document folder to a case worker
Case Worker
She/He will appear after 5-15 minutes to let you know the progress of your application, clarify any queries and request any further documents. Up till this time it would have take about 30-45 minutes and he/she will now begin to screen your application.
Another 30-45 minutes, the case worker will let you know if he/she has reached a decision and will convey the same to you.
Imp My case worker was not fully aware of the HSMP JR document and that I did not require Life in UK Test ( HSMP granted after 3/04/06 but before 7/11/06). I had mentioned this clearly in a cover letter but probably she never looked at it.
I provided her a copy of the HSMP JR Policy document, as she coudnt find it on her system, so please carry a copy, if you are under HSMP JR
Documents
Had all original WPs, HSMP and Tier 1 letters,all P60s, 3 months pay slips and original bank statements. Also a sheet of absences(172), official/study leaves(17) certified by HR, Employer letter from HR re my designation and total salary.
Dependent over 18 yr

They can come in with you if they have a same day appointement.
Please carry their 3 month bank statement as well, doesnt really matter about balances.
Please also carry proof of where they live/study; like any University document etc
ILR
Please check your vignette, to confirm if all details are correct.
The letter doesn't say ILR, only says' leave to remain' given. i checked with the case worker, she said this is all that they give. i don't know if its important to have such a letter but she clearly stated that they don't give out such letters. I don't really need such a letter but it could be important for some, so do check with the case worker.
I think the passport vignette is the key and they require this to be seen for confirmation of ILR.
Overall
Takes about a couple of hours, keep all docs ready, staff very polite and helpful, carry a copy of any guidance which is relevant to your case.

All the best to others, special thanks to all senior members, gurus, moderators; this forum is really a boon to us all.

Best Regards

diago_nelson

Re: Sheffield PEO Experience:ILR Success

Post by diago_nelson » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:14 am

congratulations gidoc !!!

shs213

Post by shs213 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am

Congrats - thanks for the details...

I fall in to HSMP JR [between April - Nov -06]...

I have passed LIUK test so I will take it with me and will not mention anything about the HSMP JR at all... Hope this would be OK?

How many days in advance can you book appointments please?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Congrats gidoc!

shs213 wrote: .
You need to call the HO or use the website normally should be SIX weeks notice but sometimes you may be fortunate to get appointment less than that if people cancel their bookings.

Speedy appointment booking and all the best in ILR.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:19 pm

"[/quote]
You need to call the HO or use the website normally should be SIX weeks notice but sometimes you may be fortunate to get appointment less than that if people cancel their bookings.

Speedy appointment booking and all the best in ILR.[/quote]"

I am due to ILR in June - Can I book appointment now it self or should I have to be within 4 weeks of ILR qualifying period before calling to book for appointments?

From your reply I am getting the impression that I can call now itself and book but just double checking if that's the case....

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:43 pm

I am due to ILR in June - Can I book appointment now it self or should I have to be within 4 weeks of ILR qualifying period before calling to book for appointments?

From your reply I am getting the impression that I can call now itself and book but just double checking if that's the case....
No, since you are lined up for June bookings, although I don't know what Day in June but you will need to count 6 weeks back from the date you qualify for ILR as HO release the bookings dates every week but covers for six weeks in advanced. Say you qualify for ILR by 21/06/10, then you will count six weeks backward means you start trying for dates by first (say 7/05/10) or second week (say 10/05/10) in May.

If you called HO now you cannot get June appointments or bookings, I think available now are mid May bookings.

Anyway, that is the way it works.
Last edited by iyanu on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:45 pm

iyanu wrote:

No, since you are lined up for June bookings, although I don't know what Day in June but you will need to count 6 weeks back from the date you qualify for ILR as HO release the bookings dates every week but covers for six weeks in advanced. Say you qualify for ILR by 21/06/10, then you will count six weeks backward means you start trying for dates by first (say 7/05/10) or second week (say 10/05/10) in May.

If you call HO now you cannot get June appointments or bookings, I think they are dealing with mid May bookings now.

Thanks, Now i understand

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:49 pm

shs213 wrote
iyanu wrote:Quote:

If you call HO now you cannot get June appointments or bookings, I think they are dealing with mid May bookings now.

Thanks, Now i understand
You're welcome and all the best in your ILR!

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi Shs123

I fall under the HSMP JR category + 1 dependent,eleigible for ILR from 24th APR.
Called the HO yesterday and they had some bookings only for the main applicant on 11th and 12th May 2010. But for the main applicant +1 dependent they had nothing available untill the 18th May - the date as far as they systems let them book slots. According to the guys I spoke with yesterday confirmed there will be more slots made available but they didn't know when they would release them.

I called and spoke to 3 different people yesterday during day time,just to see if there is any place available,but in vain.

However at abt 20:45 I tried to book an appointment online and luckily there was one available for Mid-May and I booked it.

So I'd suggest call them which is easier on 0870 606 7766 if not try online but before which you need to register so you can have your Transaction ID and Customer ID.

Good Luck.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:07 pm

1664 wrote:Hi Shs123

So I'd suggest call them which is easier on 0870 606 7766 if not try online but before which you need to register so you can have your Transaction ID and Customer ID.

Good Luck.
Thanks for your advice, I registered online now... awaiting my log in details... I have time till 3rd week of June, so I should be OK me thinks...

Better to check now than late - so thnx again...

Also, I apply with my wife as my dep, so I booked family appointment... Hope this is correct...

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:42 pm

yes make sure as you register you also register for your wife the same time...so you'll get 2 emails sent to you inbox one with your name and log ins and the other will have your wifes'.

When you get to the actually booking your apponitment make sure you put down ur details as the main applicant and then add your wifes' info..

Hope this helps..

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:07 pm

shs213 wrote:Congrats - thanks for the details...

I have passed LIUK test so I will take it with me and will not mention anything about the HSMP JR at all... Hope this would be OK?

Shs. If what you have written in this post is correct, you wont qualify for ILR until 2011. You have to spend minimum 5 years under April-Nov 2006 JR. Please recheck.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:29 pm

vipul1981 wrote:
shs213 wrote:Congrats - thanks for the details...

Shs. If what you have written in this post is correct, you wont qualify for ILR until 2011. You have to spend minimum 5 years under April-Nov 2006 JR. Please recheck.
well spotted Vipul :-)

I was on WP before HSMP....

So i qualify for ILR this June 1 WP+4 HSMP/TIER1 = 5 Yrs...

I have passed LIUK test so I am taking all that and not even going to mention about HSMP JR....

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:54 pm

shs213,
HSMP JR applies to dependents as well, hence useful for that purpose too.
You could just tick life in UK on the form and still use the HSMP 5 yr category.

Regarding appointments, its quite simple. They appear online six wks in advance and advance daily, try between 4-6 pm, thats when they become available; there are usually ample slots. Look for them with the individual PEO tabs.
Best regards

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:24 am

it is very easy to get ILR for workpermit holders, and it is hard to get ILR for 10 years student visa members, anyw ay congrats

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:51 am

Thanks everyone

vickiitm

Post by vickiitm » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:24 am

Congratulations Gidoc!!