ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Conversion Band

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sports16
Newly Registered

Salary Conversion Band

Post by sports16 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:18 am

My Husbands working for an MNC in India but he is over here for almost 20 days in a month visiting architects for specifications for his job he gets paid there but he physically present most often over here will the 5.3 conversion band apply for him for his salary if he applies for Tier 1 general from uk .. he is currently Dependent of tier 4 student..
Please Help

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:45 am

If your spouse's earnings base company is in India, Works for it, Gets paid in India and pays tax in India.. then he can use the uplift ratio... n apply from india..
132. The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings.

133. Where an applicant has earnings from more than one country, the points based calculator will apply the appropriate uplift ratio for each country in which the relevant earnings were made in order to provide a total UK equivalent value of earnings.
pls wait n take other's advice to confirm/ not the above..

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:54 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:If your spouse's earnings base company is in India, Works for it, Gets paid in India and pays tax in India.. then he can use the uplift ratio... n apply from india..
132. The country in which the applicant has physically undertaken the work, rather than his/her nationality, the currency payment is made in or the country in which payment is made, determines the income band against which we will assess the earnings.

133. Where an applicant has earnings from more than one country, the points based calculator will apply the appropriate uplift ratio for each country in which the relevant earnings were made in order to provide a total UK equivalent value of earnings.
pls wait n take other's advice to confirm/ not the above..
Far be it for me to question a Guru with probably far more experience than I, but a number of people have asked similar questions, and the typical response has always been that the uplift ratio used is derived directly from the country the work was physically taken part in. Meaning that even though payment is made in INR to a Indian Bank, because you are actually working inside the UK most of the time, then the uplift ratio will be 1. This is purely based on posts of previous members, and I have no actual background knowledge of this.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:45 pm

@GeneNZ..
when it comes to putting the facts right.. no. of posts shd not be counted.. here right answer helps newbies but wrong answer will completely destroy the future prospects of the OP..

so feel free to COMMENT or CORRECT or ADVICE.. And that is the reason for my last statement in previous response..

Coming to my response.. the reason i saw was;
sports16 wrote:My Husbands working for an MNC in India but he is over here for almost 20 days in a month visiting architects for specifications for his job he gets paid there but he physically present most often over here will the 5.3 conversion band apply for him for his salary if he applies for Tier 1 general from uk .. he is currently Dependent of tier 4 student..
Please Help
And also i felt the question required little more clarity..

Again.. based on sports reply.. if i adviced wrong.. i will stand corrected..

Cheers

sports16
Newly Registered

Post by sports16 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi What I meant was the company he is working for is based in India , My husband on the other hand is over here in UK and he is here for 20 days in a month. His job is incomplete without heading to India . My worry is he is physically present in UK for 20 days but in India also for around 10 days ... Just wondering whether he could use the uplift ratio in this case . The reason he stays here so long is cause he needs to meet people for his specifications and they don't give him immediate appointments but his major work is in India.

sports16
Newly Registered

Post by sports16 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:58 pm

My main concern is when some one works for India but works out of UK for 20 days and India 10 days where is he Physically present ?

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:36 pm

sports16 wrote:My main concern is when some one works for India but works out of UK for 20 days and India 10 days where is he Physically present ?
The Tier 1 guidance clearly specifies that it is where the work is physically being undertaken. In which case if you're being pedantic, 20 of 30 days of salary should be given a multiplier of 1, and 10 of 30 days of salary should be given multiplier of 5.3.

How the case worker will treat it is anyones guess, but based on the forms I recently filled out, it should be very clear to the case worker that he has entered the UK very often for long periods of time.

On the safe side, I would use a multiplier of 1, because he spends most of his time in the UK.